I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my crate from ebay from the seller Jukee's advised (very pleased with it). Question is, a hook on bowl would be fixed too high up for wee George to drink from so was thinking about a bolt on one, but how big and any advice where anyone else got theirs from, thanks

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
I got my crate from ebay from the seller Jukee's advised (very pleased with it). Question is, a hook on bowl would be fixed too high up for wee George to drink from so was thinking about a bolt on one, but how big and any advice where anyone else got theirs from, thanks
Hi Jayne,

You can get a metal bowl from any pet shop - and cheaply too.
We like the hook-on bowls - but if you think it too high we would then suggest a "footed" bowl - ie: a bowl that has the foot (base) circle larger than the top drinking lip circle /-\ shape - so that GG can't tip it over - anything about 5 inches across.

Stephen xx

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Echo used to just push the bowl out of it and make the water go everywhere so we dont leave water in the crate, we didnt realy do it for the others but when we got a bigher crate for the 3 it came with the bowl so we thaught it would be good but was more astle as Echo just loves tipping water bowls.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
If your puppy is really set on tipping a bowl over - then TRY a large "rabbit" bottle - the one you hang upside down outside the bars with a tube pointing into the crate - metal tube with a ball-bearing in the end - this way IF your puppy is thirsty and needs a drink (we always prefer there to be water in a crate) then they can lick it like rabbits to get water.

It is only a suggestion - and can be used alongside a bowl (so they know it's there).

Stephen xx

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Thats what ive brought plus the bracketts ,looks fab!
That's good to know! I just ordered mine last night :D. I didn't get the brackets though but I am now regretting it. I am sure I will be buying more things from there over the coming weeks! :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts