I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Havn't got as far as purchasing a puppy yet still at the exciting research stage. I have reed so much info I'm begining to confuse myself. I'm not new to dogs we used to bread flatcoated retrievers but now with two young children I would prefer a smaller breed and after meeting a couple of adorable cockapoos I've fallen for the breed. My question would be which breed line F1, F2 or F3 pros and cons if any and should this impact on the cost.
thanks
Angela

· Registered
740 Posts
Hi sorry i'm of no help , but if you look up Jojo she has lots of information on different breeds of a cockapoo (under my dogs life)

And i'm sure other sites such as ccgb have great information for you to take a look at

Leanne x

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It isn't the breed variation in question after much research I'm fairly sure which cross and colour I prefer of course that could change when I see a litter and want them all. It's deciding to look at F1 (first cross) F2(cockapoo back to cocker or poodle) F3(cockapoo to cockapoo) I may have that slightly wrong, please feel free to correct me. x

· Registered
162 Posts
F1 is the first cross, usually (but not always) cocker Mum to a poodle Dad.

An F1 cockerpoo, bred back to either a poodle or a cocker is know as an F1B.

Two F1 cockapoos bred together would create a litter of F2 puppies.

It can be difficult to predict how any of these litters will turn out, as it depends on which dominant genes take effect.

There's more on the F1, F1B and F2 etc at www.cockapooclubgb.co.uk/what-to-look-for.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.