I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
You're right I can't find one word about health testing, all they say is healthy pups :/
I hope you can find something out to help make your decision, has Ceri not told you anything? I would have thought she would have a copy of parents testing if they had been...

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
It looks to me like they breed F1 & F2s or F1bs? Because they have cocker spaniels, a poodle and then cockapoos, so do we know what Pip was bred from? I also saw that Ozzie was from Anzils, and he definitely does testing, just not sure if that is Pips dad or not? :S

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're right I can't find one word about health testing, all they say is healthy pups :/
I hope you can find something out to help make your decision, has Ceri not told you anything? I would have thought she would have a copy of parents testing if they had been...
Accroding the ad of FREEADS her dad is the white mini poodle...
She is also advertsied on Preloved but it's been on a couple of days
so she may have already been re-homed...all very sad.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
So we still don't have a clue about testing :/
& yes she could have already gone, but may not have done, she should pop on to let you know really seen as you showed interest last time, I hope it works out for the best either way for you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So we still don't have a clue about testing :/
& yes she could have already gone, but may not have done, she should pop on to let you know really seen as you showed interest last time, I hope it works out for the best either way for you.
in contact with colin via text :) not sure about testing sorry, we bought her a bit blind, not pip. i mean we went there to buy a pet and didnt know what questions to ask, however lovely lady and husband whilst we where there, still doesnt answer the question. can i not get pip tested?

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
in contact with colin via text :) not sure about testing sorry, we bought her a bit blind, not pip. i mean we went there to buy a pet and didnt know what questions to ask, however lovely lady and husband whilst we where there, still doesnt answer the question. can i not get pip tested?
Yes ceri you can get her tested, I don't know how much this costs or how long it takes. JoJo had a dog tested not so long ago so you could ask her or any of the reputable breeders on here will know. I am sure they will give you the info you need.
x

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Oh hey :D that's fair enough then, just thought you would know but if you weren't sure at the time then no worries, could you ask the breeder? I don't know how much testing costs, but someone will come along, probably JoJo yes ;) I hope you can sort this out & that Col can get pip if he really wants her etc :D x

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Ceri

All the information is on JoJo's website. She explains very clearly what the process is. Essentially its getting a blood test from the vet and sending it off
to the DNA testing company in the USA (Optigen). The results were emailed back in 7 days. JoJo indicates a price of £93.00 for the test but guess the blood sample taken by the vet was extra. Have a look at the website she explains it really easily and gives links to the various websites.
I am really interested in Pip but am reluctant about taking her on if there is a possibility of her developing PRA which can lead to blindness. It really is a shames that you cant get the this info from the breeder. If the the parents are PRA clear then Pip will not develop it and there is no need for testing...3

·
Registered
21 Posts
ive sent you her parentage, i dont know if its possible to figure out from grand sire/ grand dam.
Its very confussing, I suppose the same question will be asked again and again, so if the parentage certificate doesnt help... then it looks like i need to get her tested.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.