I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

Buddy fell in the canal!!

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  ali-s.j. 
#1 ·
Why does everything happen to Buddy the poor thing!!

Thank god i had his harness and a long line on him i was able to pull him out.
He looks like a drown rat and he stinks!!!
Ive left him in his soft crate to dry off and have a sleep(poor boy is knackered!)
Yet another bath time for him when he wakes up!

#6 ·
Oh no, poor Buddy. I must admit that we don't tend to walk along the canal much, even though it's 3 minutes walk from our front door. Biscuit is fascinated by the ducks and swans and desperately wants to join them in the water :eek: Also lots of people on bikes which you don't hear coming until they are right behind you. Biscuit always has to do a kangaroo leap at any bike she sees, so all in all not the most relaxing of places to walk for us! Hope he feels better after a sleep and a bath and I think you need to have a lie down - too much stress for one morning. Best wishes, Karen x

#7 ·
Buddy, Buddy, Buddy! Lol

Rufus also fell in the canal twice as a young pup and went right under! Boy do their coats hold water don't they! Can't quite remember who got more wet - me hauling him out or Rufus having fallen in! We so have to meet up at some point Donna. Rufus and Buddy are so similar other than age!

Karen xx

#8 ·
Buddy, you silly billy! Lots of :hug: from your mum and you'll feel better soon.

Love Obi x

p.s. I fell in a lake by accident and my mum had to haul me out by my collar....but i was fine..just make sure mum keeps an eye on your ears for infection from the water.

#10 ·
Thanks everyone ,Buddys all lovely and clean again yum! Mind you i look like i need a bath now .
Thanks for the tip about the ears will do.
Nearly all the public footpaths around here run beside the canal worse luck! I had just put him back on the lead before it happened thank god.

#11 ·
Buddyyyyy .... Donna you need Simon to write "The adventures of Buddy" :D He certainly is packing it all in. The canal is only a few minutes from us and Im a nervous wreck... it worse than being near water with little kids, you're just so aware of them not being able to get out.... so glad you did nt have to get in x x

#19 ·
Oh Buddy boy!!!!! What are you doing to your mummy!!!! Glad he is smelling sweet now:) Donna you poor thing all this worry must be sending you to a large glass of vino each night;) Must say walking near a canal would scare me a little with gutsy Pixie too! I can feel a 'youve been framed 'moment at some point ....lol xxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.