I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took Buddy for a walk had only been going 2 mins when he lay down whimpering and refused to walk,when he did stand he couldnt put any weight on his foot,i checked his pads to see if anything was in there which it wasnt.

As usual i panicked and zoomed off to the vets thinking the worst,only to be told thats £15 please and it was a wasp sting.

Vet said stings on the feet/leg can make them go lame for a short while which is what happen ,by the time i got to vets he was walking but limping.

Oh well lesson learnt.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
poor baby! he is so young I would have panicked too....and isn't the 15 ( insert pound symbol that isn't on my canadian computer ;) ) worht the piece of mind to know he is ok

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
i dont think you have much to worry about, if he was going to have a reaction it would have happend strait away.

with inca it was different as the hole hive atacked her and she went limp and into normal shock. the vet checked on her but didnt take her in their andd then as she wasnt an emergancy.

but glad he is ok.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Poor Buddy, I loathe wasps :( xxxxx

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone ,Buddy was right as rain chasing all the kids around the garden later ,i must learn not to panic so much!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's very interesting. The same thing happened to Bailey a few weeks ago too. My wife also panicked and took him straight to the vet. Our vet said his paw was swollen but she didn't think he had a broken toe although couldn't be sure and told us to watch him. She gave us anti-biotics and a bill for £58 !!!!

I said to my wife that it was probably a sting as he was only walking on the lead when he suddenly stopped and sat down wimpering (no way he could break a bone) and sure enough the next day he was running and jumping as normal !!!

I wanted to go back to the vet and have a moan and get a refund, but my wife wouldn't let me !!!!

On the advice of a friend who keeps many animals, I will now be adopting the 3 day rule. This is to wait 3 days and see how nature deals with the symptoms before rushing to the vets for unecessary treatment!

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Poor Buddy, Dexter snaps at wasps a lot. I'm always afraid he will get stung in the mouth. At least with summer being nearly over the wasps will go too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts