I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just thought I would give you a quick update on our little girls first night! The 40minute journey home was absolutely fine, she was very alert and spent her time looking out the window and chopping and changing laps between the kids. Got home and she had a wee and a poo in the garden (since then she has wee'd and poo'd in the house, but hey ho!) she had a few naps in her bed throughout the evening then went from about 11.30pm through to 5.30am without a peep! Brilliant, so pleased.
I gave her a little bath just now because she was soooo smelly, she's still a bit smelly even after it which is a shame, but now I'm worried because she has crashed out in her bed and gone to sleep but she is shaking like a leaf, feel like it was too soon, but she didnt seem scared at all whilst I was doing it.
Uploaded a of pics from her first evening with us x

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Sounds like she is settling in well. Did you blow-dry her after the bath? If she's still wet she may be feeling a bit chilly, that's all. When they're damp they love to snuggle up to a warm person!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Sounds blissful and love the pic of her all cosied up in her crate.

Flo was exactly the same when we picked her up. I expected her to go in the crate and sleep but she spent the whole journey going from person to person to say hello and for a hug and her tail wagged the whole journey home.

They do shake and tremble after a wash as they just get really cold really quickly. So if you bathe her again get a big warm fluffy towel ready and 'hug' her dry! Also make sure the room is warm.

·
Registered
710 Posts
awww love the crate pic. Also, the feet will be great cuz once she's big you can say. "remember when she barely fit between your feet!" haha. They grow so fast!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts