I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is worrying me that Millie is underweight. She weighed just under 6kg when i took her to vet a few weeks ago. I have today decided to add tuna, sardines, chicken, mackerel in oil to her biscuits and on both occasions today she has eaten all her food. She hasnt been eating very well and now shes emptied her bowl twice today I feel its necessary to continue with this feeding regime. So worried about her. She is a happy girl, full of fun but I just think she is a fussy eater. Anyone else with a fussy eater..... or had to change diet?????

any advice welcomed x
thank you x

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Ted is 10 Months but has been around 11kgs for the past couple of Months.
He is a VERY good eater and although 11kgs sounds heavy he is very lean and ribby ( bodering on skinny!!)...Betty eats half the quantity and can get slightly tubby...I think they are just like us humans!!
There are so may fussy poos ( but not either of mine).....what do you normally feed her?? Perhaps you could try adding more fatty bones..lamb for example??

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Lola is a mini / english show cocker and she is just under 11 months. I know she is not in the age range you are asking about but she is only 7.5kg and the vet is very happy with her weight. Her brother is about 11kgs but has a definite rugby build whereas Lola is more of a dainty ballerina!! N x

·
Registered
433 Posts
Kody is 9 months now and weighs 12kg sounds heavy but I can feel his ribs still so think its because he's quite tall. There are such big comparisons in cockapoo's weights and as long as Millie is active and well I wouldn't worry. X

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Honey is about 7.8kg at 8 months. She was very fussy but is now on a raw diet and eats consistently well now but seems to have hovered around this weight for some time. She's 14" tall with a slim build. I can feel her ribs but there is a thin covering of flesh over them. x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Fudge is 10 months old and a sturdy build cockapoo .. my heaviest and youngest girl weighing in at 11.2kg ...

Don't worry too much about weight as all my girls have different builds and weighs ...

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Roo is nearly 9 months and at her last weigh in was 7.5 kgs although that was a few weeks ago now and I think she might have put a tiny bit on since but suspect she's still less than 8kg. Very different to her brother Kody who is also a lot taller. Roo is a very fussy eater but she seems to be enjoying some of her Rawtogo that I've just switched to and always eats her raw chicken wings.

It's hard not to worry but I believe they eat when they're hungry. Like children they will develop bad habits if you let them. Im sure Millie is fine and like Roo is just a grazer and not that motivated by food.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
well ginger just turned 9 months old on the 6Th of march..and I weighed her monday and she weighed exactly 20 pounds..hey girls how much is 11 kgs.
I thought ginger was a little skinny and we just up the amount of food she gets now I think my wife now gives her 2 cups a day. does any one out there know if that is right or not.we are in the dark with this.but that is what it says on the bag of food

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Sugerlump that sounds fine to me. The packets are only a guideline and if you think Ginger is a little skinny then I'd definitely go ahead and increase her food - especially if she'll happily eat it x

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
well Jane.spring is coming and with it comes me making a lot of salads, and I all ways drop stuff on the floor ,I did with my last cocker buffy she ate every thing,, carrots lettuce tomatoes cucumbers,you name it she ate it everything but onions and garlic.they are bad for her.ginger got her first ice cream yesterday,and at first she didn't know what to do with it really it was frozen yogurt.but after she finely got to lick it the first time ,wow then she really gobbled it down but it was so funny,thanks for letting me know about the ice cream people

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank u everyone. Millie is just a fuss pot and im to blame. Going to continue.with adding.chicken or fish of some sort to her biscuits and hope she enjoys and eats. She would eat cat food.in a few seconds.but i wont let hwr have that as iv been told.not.to give dogs cat food. Im npt as.worried as i was the other day but will keep an eye on her.weight. x.thanks again x

·
Registered
34 Posts
Now I'm worried Dexters overweight. He's just turned eight months last week and weighs 15 kilos. He's just on a straight dry kibble and only gets treat when out walking, recall etc. When he got the snip the vet did say to keep an eye on him as he will now put weight on easily but we only feed him about 200g a day and he has only gained about 1/2 kilo since. He's very active and looks faily lean when in the bath wet. I have only ever met one other poo and Dexter was the same size at 4.5months than their 2 year old girl. I suppose he's just probably on the larger size for a poo.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
498 Posts
Polly is 7.5 months and weighs just over 7kg. She's a bit on the short side still - 14" max to the shoulder - and she definitely has a covering over her ribs and back. Rather a fussy eater but we manage to get her to eat two handfuls of Barking Heads a day, plus pigs ears, fish braids, hungry Hectors, etc.

She may grow a bit taller but if not, then she's just perfick!

Toffin
x

·
Registered
333 Posts
When we last weighed Benson he was 15.3kg (had his hair cut since so may have lost a few lbs) he is on barking heads, but keeps going off iteven though I mix with chicken fish etc, I dont worry too much about his eating now but do wonder when to cut him down to one meal a day as he is not too bothered about his breakfast and often walks away from it. Rossi is half Bensons size at 6 months but neither look over or under weight just very different size dogs although they have the same dad.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Can't wait to see pic of slim trim Benson, lovely boy!

For comparison Kiki (cavapoopoo) measures 13" and weighs 6.8kg.
Have been trying to upload a few pics of Benson's haircut but it wont work, will ask my daughter to have a go next time she comes, it took a bit of getting used to I rather like it now but OH not overly impressed!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
confused on amount of mixed foods

Cato is 7 months old this week and has not been very intereted in his food from day one. He had royal canin from being a small pup and I didnt change it for ages. i introducing a couple of other dried foods and would moisten them as well but he was barely interested. It was expensve to be chucking away all the time. Anyway this week I got some of Jollyes own puppy food, dried, and mixed it with some adult Butchers tripe and chicken, just a couple of spoonfulls and he is wolfing it all down and its nice to see him eating well at last. Is this ok or will it be too rich for him? He has had no adverse effects yet. I am confused about how much i should give him altogether though. he should have been on about 225g of Royal Canin. so what should the combined weight of wet and dry be? help

1 - 20 of 38 Posts