I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Gill I have read that Jollyes own food has given many dogs the runs, I hope that's not the case although they did ave a money back guarantee at one point. I wonder if its the tripe and chicken that he loves... Have you considered raw x

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Ralph was weighed 4 weeks ago at the vets and was just under 10k (not sure what that is in pounds?) he was just over 7 months
It does seem that the females are at least 1-3k less than the boys at a similar age.?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Arlo is 7 n a half months and weighs 14kg, he is such a fussy eater but stuck to raw food for a whole two weeks! getting bored again now! I love how the heights and weights can vary so much, but every single one is gorgeous:)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
well ginger is a year old now and is 20 ,pounds.and looks good .she gets a good work-out every day .some days she does not chose to eat and that is ok .i never make her eat,she will eat when she gets hungry. but all in all she is in good shape

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I need to think again about Millies food.... she has become very fussy again. Is still very dainty and not big boned at all. Maybe raw is a consideration..... ive heard chicken wings are good so might try those.

Going to weigh Millie, but looking her I dont think she will have put much weight on... Shes just turned 1years.

Glad to hear from you all about this.
Tx

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Tracey weigh her, have a feel of her and post posts on here, we will help you in anyway we can.

You have a few options if you need to help her gain weight.. no not CAKE, I wish lol ... you could raw feed, feed dry with wet food, add extras to dry food.. and if she is picky and just not a bog eater in general, you could free feed, where you leave her bowl down all day ..

Please try not to worry, as they are all different builds and mixes. I have 3 cockapoos all different weights and all different builds but all perfectly healthy, but I do keep aneye on the amount of exercise and feeding as all dog owners do :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Tracey
Ella is 7 1/2 months now and weighs 11kg. She's a very fussy eater and usually leaves most of her breakfast (I mix kibble with Natures Diet pate). As soon as I mix something else with it.......fish, meat etc she gobbles it up but I feel I shouldnt do that too often. Maybe I should just feed her once a day or is she too young for that......any advice?

·
Registered
272 Posts
At about 7 months Ollie is 10.6kg. We are feeding him 180g of Barking Heads Puppy Days with half a pilchard mixed in. We started mixing the pilchard in because he seemed to be going off his food, and now he eats it all up. We upped the BH to 200g as we thought he was still hungry but he leaves some so we dropped back to 180g again. We also dropped from 3 meals to 2. We left lunch out as he didn't seem interested in it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Barney is 7 months old and fed on raw food. He is 8.1 kg at the moment. I get him weighed every week so as to give me a guide whether I am feeding the correct amount. His second name is mr piggy as he would eat and eat and eat. I do feed a little more than the recommended amount for his age and weight but he needs it at the moment. They are all different and it will depend on how much exercise they have as well.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Jenson is 7 months and weighs just over 12kg - he still looks skinny when he is wet so think he is ok. He is quite tall, the amount of people that don't believe his Dad was a miniature poodle, he really isn't that tall!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think english cocker cockapoos are bigger than american cocker cockapoos (from what I've read here). Frankie is a bit less than 6 months, but weighs 13.2 lbs (6 kg's). His parents were 13 and 17 lb's so I'm not sure how much bigger he'll get.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Wow Jenson is going to be a big boy!! Tilly is 9 months and 12.7kg, at 7 months she was 11kg so still did quite a bit of growing. Don't think she's stopped yet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alfie is 10 months and around 10.5 kg very active and not at all fat . A good guide is being able to get your hands around the back of the tummy by the back legs if they meet all good .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Calling all 7-9 month old cockapoo

Poppy is just over 6 months old, weighs 7.1 kg, she has started to refuse her Pure dog food, so am going to change it, hope this is not going to happen too often!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there I have 2 cockapoos both 8 months and the male weighs 10kg and the female 8 kg so both good weights I have dropped from defending them 3 times a day to just 2 one in the morning about 8 and then at 5 as they were fussy eaters too it makes a lot of difference hope that helps .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Amber recently had her 6 month health check at the vet’s and she weighed in at just around 12 kg. For an 8 month old pup, the vet advised she was on the cusp of being overweight!! It’s not easy trying to get an accurate height as she won’t stand still long enough, but we think she is about 14 inches. Not sure how this fares with other Cockapoos?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is worrying me that Millie is underweight. She weighed just under 6kg when i took her to vet a few weeks ago. I have today decided to add tuna, sardines, chicken, mackerel in oil to her biscuits and on both occasions today she has eaten all her food. She hasnt been eating very well and now shes emptied her bowl twice today I feel its necessary to continue with this feeding regime. So worried about her. She is a happy girl, full of fun but I just think she is a fussy eater. Anyone else with a fussy eater..... or had to change diet?????

any advice welcomed x
thank you x
Hi,our Millie is also a fussy eater but will eat sardines mixedwith her food, or if we mix extra virgin oil with her food she will eat it all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Malnourished dogs are not uncommon condition. The most common signs of malnutrition in puppies are their furred coat and lack of vitality.https:Lovely Little Pets - Pets' Life Daily recommends you pay attention to providing adequate nutrition for dogs. Providing the right nutrition for each age, body size and lifestyle will determine the health and spirit of the dog. So how do you know for sure if your dog is getting enough nutrition?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So my oreo is 9 months old and she weighs 10.5 lb I'm just curious how big I can expect her to get and when she will stop growing

21 - 40 of 40 Posts