I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,192 Posts
When I have Flo off lead I use three commands. 'Come on' means keep up (if she wanders off or stops to sniff then I use it to get her attention to follow. 'Here' means catch up and walk with me. The whistle means get right to me immediately whatever she's doing and she always does as it means she'll get her favourite cheese or liver treat.

· Registered
2,192 Posts
What type of whistle do u use , did u buy it from a pet shop? I have just started the training with Lady and she is doing well so far but she is only 8 wks tomorrow so is still very young but soooo clever
I have a 210 spaniel whistle http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acme-210-Wh...F0LG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306785866&sr=8-1.

You can start training them to come to a whistle right away. Have a really high value treat that you only use with the whistle like cheese or liver.

Start by making the association with the whistle and the treat. You can do this in the house or garden. Blow the whistle (I use two sharp peeps) then give some cheese. After a few goes let them wander off. Blow the whistle and when they come treat. Once they start associating the whistle with the treat you can then blow the whistle in the house or garden when they are out of sight. They should belt right back for a treat.

Once the association is really strong start using when out and about and they are off lead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.