I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pup is a rescue and was pretty starved for the first 3 months of his life. I have had him for almost 3 months now and noticed that he seems different from other pups I have had. He loves to please but doesn't really respond to commands or even his name! His tongue is very thick and tends to hang out the side of his mouth and he just doesn't seem to be able to learn much of anything! I love him so very much but I often wonder if he has some kind of brain damage, is that even possible?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I think the best thing for you to do is book an appointment with the vet and have him checked over, and tell him your concerns.

Also look into puppy classes to see if that could help.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
yeah book an appointment at the vets.

my trainers partners dog shows sines of autism, he wont drink out of shiny bowls, he wont step on the rug in the garden, he wont walk through the double doors in their living room, he has to revers through them, but now what he does is opens and closes one of the doors 3 times before reversing through them.

in the garden their are step Marks in the stone chips in the garden, and he will only step in the same steps he has used. like walking in foot prints.

so they think he is OCD and autistic.

but with your boy you don't know if maybe her was hurt or in an accident. how old is he. does he have the same name as when you got him. how have you been training commands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts