I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first visit to your site, at present I'm looking to purchase a cockapoo puppy, this will be our first family dog and will mostly be a companion dog for my little 8 yr old girl who has additional support needs.
we have looked closely at the breed and are preferably looking for a f1white and apricot mix, or red and white mix girl pup. I would be greatful if you could advice of any available pups or planned litters... we live in Scotland but will be prepared to travel, were just so excited and cant wait to welcome our new addition to our home many thanks.

Mrs coyle

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

I would have a look on www.breedersonline.co.uk under Cockapoo puppies and breeders.

Before you start your search I would suggest having a read about the hereditary health conditions that Cockapoos can suffer from and what tests a breeder should do to ensure that your new puppy will be healthy.

Please have a read here http://www.cockapoo-owners-club.org.uk/cockapoo_finding_a_breeder_health_tests.html

The Cockapoo Owners Club also have a guide to finding a breeder and the sort of questions you should ask a breeder. http://www.cockapoo-owners-club.org.uk/cockapoo_finding_a_breeder_choosing_breeder.html

And finally I would be prepared to travel to find a good breeder :) All your work now will pay off when you have a beautiful healthy pup!

Good luck with your search! :D

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Hi & welcome :D
What type of cockapoo do you prefer? The ones mixed with English show/English working or American cockapoos? And with a miniature or toy poodle?
That will help when narrowing down breeders if you know what you'd like...
There's a range on the site to help you decide if you need any advice just ask! :)
My girls are English show cocker x miniature poodle crosses, both girls and both from Anzil cockapoos in Liverpool :)
Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Definitely worth a chat with Anthony at Anzil (other breeders are available!) my boy Dudley is from there. Don't worry about my posts saying what a little devil he is with chewing biting etc - I think most of Anthony's pups have been calmer!! He is really good at socializing them and I know both Helen and I had our boys sleeping and clean through the night almost immediately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.