I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all Canadian members...I have been solo for so long...then Kel joined..now I see more Canadian members...yay.

So let's do a Canadian Roll Call...

If you are Canadian post something and let us know what part of this HUGE country you and your cockapoo live in.

What time of cockapoo do you have?
and a little bit about yourself!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I am not Canadian nor do I live in Canada, but my very favourite Aunt & Uncle live in Kelowna, BC. I have plans to visit them one winter (to take advantage of the excellent snow boarding!) but strongly suspect that I'll be putting in a request for permanent immigration soon after :D

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not Canadian nor do I live in Canada, but my very favourite Aunt & Uncle live in Kelowna, BC. I have plans to visit them one winter (to take advantage of the excellent snow boarding!) but strongly suspect that I'll be putting in a request for permanent immigration soon after :D
though I live a long way from BC....we could switch! :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Proud Canadian here!

My name is Jaime and i'm from Tilbury Ontario. It's a small town very close to Windsor Ontario. About 4 hours from Toronto.

In about 3 weeks we will be getting our first cockapoo puppy. She is an F2. Both of her parents are cockapoos bread from american cockers and toy poodles.

I live with my husband, Dave and my 2 kids, Liam (5) and Charlotte (3). Oh and i can't forget about our cat, Chevy! We're all very excited to get our new puppy and I'm so glad I found this forum. I've already gotten so much advice!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Would you like me to pretend to be Canadian Eh!

You know I do it so well ha ha ha ... I would do it for Mo & Lady :)

Come on ... Mo & Lady need some fellow Canadian members xxx

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'm about to hijack this thread too. I'm going to Canada at the end of March!! :) Never been and can't wait! One week skiing and the other week sightseeing in Banff, Calgary!!

My boyfriends sister is doing her degree out there so perfect excuse to go have a holiday and see her! x

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Proud Canadian here!

My name is Jaime and i'm from Tilbury Ontario. It's a small town very close to Windsor Ontario. About 4 hours from Toronto.

In about 3 weeks we will be getting our first cockapoo puppy. She is an F2. Both of her parents are cockapoos bread from american cockers and toy poodles.

I live with my husband, Dave and my 2 kids, Liam (5) and Charlotte (3). Oh and i can't forget about our cat, Chevy! We're all very excited to get our new puppy and I'm so glad I found this forum. I've already gotten so much advice!
YAY! it is nice to meet you Jamie! and I can't wait to see pictures of your cockapoo...do you have any names??

I am Amanda, my friends on here all call me Mo, I have a husband who I call B short for Benito, we live in Whitby ontario, about 40 minutes the other side of Toronto, I grew up in Ottawa.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would you like me to pretend to be Canadian Eh!

You know I do it so well ha ha ha ... I would do it for Mo & Lady :)

Come on ... Mo & Lady need some fellow Canadian members xxx
my Honorary Canadian! you make me giggle every time you give me and Eh!

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm about to hijack this thread too. I'm going to Canada at the end of March!! :) Never been and can't wait! One week skiing and the other week sightseeing in Banff, Calgary!!

My boyfriends sister is doing her degree out there so perfect excuse to go have a holiday and see her! x
Very Exciting!!! I hope that you have a great time!

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Calling all Canadians.....I know you are here somewhere.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh, I didn't even notice my name up there before! I guess I better think of something to say :)

My husband and I have three kids and one of them is already an adult, so we are quite old ;) We live in Alberta (but nowhere near Calgary or Banff or any mountains). All of Alberta is COLD COLD COLD today and I actually read that some ski hills had to close for the day. Glad you aren't here yet Susie, it will be nicer in March!

Chloe's mom was a cocker spaniel and her dad was a miniature poodle. We didn't do much research before we bought her, so that is about all we know. She has been a lot of fun...and a lot of work :) Can't remember what we did with our time before her, haha.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for joining the thread Kel!
i heard it's crazy cold for you today....it is cold here....but that is by toronto standards....so lol average ;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks for joining the thread Kel!
i heard it's crazy cold for you today....it is cold here....but that is by toronto standards....so lol average ;)
It's -31C...-41C with the windchill. But except for the last 5 days, we have had a mild winter, so I won't complain too much ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm an Australian but married to a Canadian. My hubby moved to Australia 8 years ago. I have been to visit Canada twice now, once in winter, once in summer. All I can say is that you Canadians are hardcore! Your winters are soooooo cold! There were days where hubby and I had to dig our way out of the front door LOL. Canada is beautiful though and wonderful friendly people.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
awww... Thanks! My uncle is actually Australian! I have never been but would love to visit!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Omgosh Wilfiboy those outfits are adorable, I need to start dressing up Bella more! if only she would let me :(
It's really cold here in Ottawa and now that shes starting to enjoy walks I want her to be kept warm but it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to get her in her winter jacket. I have tried everything! any tips? Whenever i take her out without the jacket I never want to stay out for more than 15 minutes because she starts to shiver :(

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Chloe, my lovely Canadian bandanas were a lovely birthday present for my pooches from Amanda and Lady... you make some lovely friends on here :D. Sorry you wont be able to purchase one for Bella as they were made by the very talented Amanda. I know its not as cold here but I bought mine coats last year, I could get them on but would Wilf go out in it , not a chance, he just put the brakes on.... obviously was nt good for the street cred x x

·
Registered
542 Posts
I just ventured over to this board for the first time, and I thought I would post!

My name is Krysten and my baby is Scarlett - she is about 3.5 months old already! We live near Niagara Falls in Ontario. I am definitely a Canadian, and I use "eh" in real conversation all of the time. It does get cold here, but we have had a super mild winter, with hardly any snow for our standards.

I live with my husband, Michael. We got married about a year and a half ago in Walt Disney World! This is the first dog that we have ever owned. We are pretty laid back and love our family time!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts