I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Canned Tripe? - Updated Feb 16th - Please help!

I wasn't sure where to post this, and this board gets a lot of traffic so I decided to post it here.

Does/has anyone fed their cockapoo green tripe in canned form? If so, do you feed it to them every day and with every meal? Do you mix it in with the kibble?

Scarlett isn't too interested in her kibble, but she absolutely loves this canned tripe. There is a daily amount listed on the can, but I would like to hear from someone who has experience feeding their cockapoo with this stuff. I am going to talk to her vet when I take her this week, but I just wanted some advice from people with experience.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never even heard of it....What is the brand?
I believe it is called Trippett. I have done a little reading and apparently it is very popular with dogs lol Scarlett definitely loves it. I hadn't heard of it either, but we got it when we got her, and we just recently tried giving it to her when she didn't seem to want to eat her kibble.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if you can get it at PetSmart or not - I haven't looked.

Anyone have any experience with tripe? Or suggestions for me? I had Scarlett at the vet this week, and he was zero help to me! He didn't even know what tripe is (which I feel as a vet, he should know). And he told me that she is spoiled and that is why she won't eat! I wasn't very impressed with his attitude. We only gave Scarlett the canned food BECAUSE she wasn't eating her kibble. We didn't just feed it to her and then wonder why she wouldn't want to eat the bland dry food.

Please help!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
WOW!! my vet told me the oposite...if Lady wasn't big on the kibble, and I had tried a few different brands and flavours...then to switch her to what she likes....It doesn't make her spoiled....acutally Lady was more spoiled on the kibble as Iwould leave it out all day for her. with her fresh food if she doesn't eat it right away it would be gone...but that hasn't happened.
Is your vet rather old?? and....which part of Ontario are you from again Krysten?? I kind of think he may be olds school in his thoughts if you are from a more rural area. just a thought.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the sound of that as dogs do love tripe and in can form would be great. Will look out for that
I have only seen it at one small pet store around here, but Scarlett loves it!

I remember using this many years ago. I assume it's cooked tripe and dogs love tripe as it's so stinky! I add a little tripe (raw) to some of Dylan's meals as variety and to keep him keen.
Oh it definitely smells bad! But she loves it.

WOW!! my vet told me the oposite...if Lady wasn't big on the kibble, and I had tried a few different brands and flavours...then to switch her to what she likes....It doesn't make her spoiled....acutally Lady was more spoiled on the kibble as Iwould leave it out all day for her. with her fresh food if she doesn't eat it right away it would be gone...but that hasn't happened.
Is your vet rather old?? and....which part of Ontario are you from again Krysten?? I kind of think he may be olds school in his thoughts if you are from a more rural area. just a thought.
I am from the Niagara Region. I'm honestly not even sure how old my vet is, but both of the vets that work there are from East Indian descent - not sure if this might be a factor in the way they view certain topics.

We got a few sample packs of a couple different types of food for Scarlett to try at the advice of this really informative man at the local food store. He said to put a couple down at once and see if she gravitates towards any of them - let her pick. We did this last night, and she didn't eat any of it :( I am starting to get worried. She just doesn't want to eat anything. She usually eats all of the tripe if I put it in there, but I'm not sure I should be giving her that every day. And if I only put a teeny amount of tripe and don't mix it well over all of the kibble, she will pick out pieces with tripe and leave the rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.