I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new mums ,after reading on another website about how puppies love to chew on carrots i gave Buddy one last night.

Wow he loved it and it kept him quiet for ages,give it ago !!:D

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That made me giggle,is the grocer's called The cruncy carrot ,if so that soooo cool !!

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi donna. gave flossy a carrot yesterday and jul and i :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: she ran around the garden not knowing wot to do with it so look like she was smoking it....

·
Registered
201 Posts
So you are giving a whole carrot? Do they just bite bits off then? are you peeling it? Or am I thinking too child like?

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
You can give them the whole carrot - BUT you will find that they cannot digest it in it's raw state - so what goes in - will come out (just like sweetcorn !).

Frozen carrots can be a good fun treat in hot weather - though once mauled can get slushy - so keep them outside x

Carrots are good food too (as they are also in Orijen and NI) - but to have them as part of a meal they either need to be mechanically double-ground down to break down the cellular structure or gently steamed.

Stephen xx

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just washed it and gave whole carrot,Buddy's had two poo's this morning ,no sign of that carrot yet?;)

·
Registered
582 Posts
I seem to own a pup who doesnt DO carrot:(:(:( was quite excited to have a healthy treat to keep her amused,oh well will give to the bunny then or try later

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Wilf used to sit and just eat the peel while I was preparing a meal ... I'd drop him bits as I was going along x

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SORRY POO TALK BELOW

Yes here comes the poo and carrot !
Must say Buddy's poo is sometimes firm but alot of the time its very soft yuck!! sorry for poop talk,is anyone else feeding orijen ?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I switched Izzy after a few days home to N.I. She likes the carrot, but I couldn't get a decent picture as my battery was charging, now it's too dark.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts