I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I live this site and need help. We're looking for a small dog, have a 16 year old son and hubbie. We've never had dogs before and want a smallish dog 12-14 inches that has some energy (for hubbie)but not too much as we're complete novices with a slightly nervous son. We work and pup would be in daycare twice a week.

We thought either a cavapoo or Cockerpoo would be a good idea as we live in London in not the biggest flat although we do have a garden. I know the cavapoo needs less excercise which may be a bonus but was also considering a toy cross American show cockerpoo as they can be calmer or can they???

I've done so much research I'm overwhelmed and am completely confused.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
I can recommend either!
Whichever you decide to go for be thorough in researching and make sure you start with a healthy well reared pup!
And be prepared - any pup is hard work - if you are set on a doodle of sorts be very aware that the poodle side brings enormous brains, lots of bounce, a strong hunting instinct and a coat that requires a lot of attention. Then chuck the spaniel side in - dippy, crazy, fun loving clowns. All three breeds are sociable and love people, but just like any other dog breed the puppy stage revolves around pees, poos and sharp teeth!
Your life will never be the same when you have a dog - it will be so, so much better! Eventually :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts