I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm trying to get the hang of this website so please forgive my posting in the wrong thread. Came home Monday with my 8 week old cockapoo. I live in Texas and we got our pup in Arizona. He, like all the other cute cockapoos I've seen here, is very spunky and fun. I had a cockapoo growing up, and finally had to get another one. I also have a 4 year old apriocot standard poodle.

It will be so fun to see how these little guys/gals grow up.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. My poodle's name is Henry, and he has always been a great dog. Unfortunately I got him from an "over committed" breeder (to put it politely) and as nice as her pups were, in the beginning we dealt with a ton of worm and parasite issues. He's been great though. All the advice everyone offers of checking out breeders is excellent.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Tina, Chip and Henry... We love lots of doggy pics on here and Henry is more than welcome to join in the cockapoo fun .. he is poodle after all ...

What mix is Chip? Miniature Poodle, type of Cocker Spaniel etc
Is Chip's coat Apricot Parti? He looks lovely :)

Enjoy the forum .. can't wait to hear lots more about your boys xxx

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Oh what big beautiful eyes!!!! welcome to the group!!! I am on your side of the pond but way north.....lost of people on here are from the UK it is a fun group

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Jo Jo - thanks so much! Chip's mom is an AKC American Cocker, and his dad is an AKC miniature poodle. Both, oddly enough, are reddish/apricot. So, yes, he does appear to be Apricot/buff parti. It is appearing that his coat and face might favor the cocker more, we'll have to wait and see. His coat is wavy, but I notice the hair is not growing much around his muzzle for developing a mustache. I'll include pics of his parents.

Henry, my apricot poodle, had a red mom and a black and white parti-colored dad. He is a very pale apricot.

Amanda - I noticed that the group is mainly UK - cockapoos are truly everywhere, aren't they?

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd like to see that too! Hee. They are still adjusting to each other and haven't settled down yet!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
It took about 10 days for Phoebe to do any more than just tolerate Izzy. She had a go at her this morning at breakfast, but most of the time she's great with her, babysits for me too ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts