I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chloe had a couple of fun visits this weekend.

This is Chloe with Daisy, my friend's dog. This friend is the one who suggested that we get a cockapoo. Most days I thank her, haha... other days, we complain to each other how naughty our puppies have been ;) Like last week when Chloe, during her wakeup- crazy- happy- butt- wiggling time, knocked my computer off the coffee table and broke it :(

They played outside in her muddy backyard but somehow Chloe was the one to get really dirty. Hard to tell from these pictures but Chloe is about 8 or 9 pounds smaller than Daisy. I am still not sure how to tell when dogs are just playing or actually fighting so I am quite nervous when dogs are off the leash together.

I was in no hurry to bring Chloe in the house so these were taken through the screen door.

Easter Sunday, Chloe hung out with my sister's pitbull, Lola, at the farm. Lola weighs about 70 pounds and is pure muscle. I am not sure why Chloe wasn't scared of her but they did fine together.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Great pictures. Chloe and Lola look amazing together. Lola does look like a real powerhouse but I suppose Chloe reads her body language rather than judging her on how she looks so wouldn't be scared as long as Lola gives out good signals to her.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Looks like a great time! Daisy is a cutie. :) Dog body language can be hard to understand at first. We didn't get dogs tell I was ten, but I just naturally understand them... my mom simply can't get the hang of it lol. I think it's like learning a new hobby, it takes a lot of time and effort, and lots or practice too! Pits can be a little forceful sometimes (comes with being 50+ pound lol) but almost all the pits I've met or rescued give of a loving, attentive air. I think that self assured in control yet friendly vibe is very obvious to dogs. If Chloe isn't reactive, her first thought will be towards the dogs energy, and if it's good, it doesn't matter if the dog is 300 pounds lol. You wouldn't expect her to be afraid of a larger person would you? A well rounded dog doesn't care about size or weight, but about the dogs energy and vibe. :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Great pictures. Chloe and Lola look amazing together. Lola does look like a real powerhouse but I suppose Chloe reads her body language rather than judging her on how she looks so wouldn't be scared as long as Lola gives out good signals to her.
Lovely pics! Mandy and Ennierda's comments sound pretty right, I think - we're don't tend to be scared of physically fit people if they have a friendly attitude that we recognise, but there's certainly been times that I've avoided skinny young blokes because of the attitude they've been giving off!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts