I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruby just ate a bunch of chocolate and I'm waiting to hear back from my mother in law as to how she is doing..... but she is not answering her phone :( She is supposed to be giving her hydrogin peroxide to make her vomit... I'm soo nervous!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,920 Posts
A friend of mine, her dog ate a ton of chocolate and was fine...just keep a close eye on her....have you called the vet?
Ruby is how old??

I have never heard of feeding hydrogen peroxide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, poison control said mix 1 tablespoon peroxide with yogurt, or milk... something she will drink to make her vomit. Which she did. My mother in law just called and said she seems to be fine. Running around like the crazy dog she is. Crazy!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
hope Ruby is ok! Sure she will be. My sisters dog ate a full boxof continental chocolates and the box!!!!!!!!!!! He was fine x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,650 Posts
I'm glad Ruby seems fine now. My sister-in-law's dog ate Green & Blacks chocs including wrappers from Xmas stocking while they were out at church. She is fully grown and quite a robust dog (eats baby rabbits down in one sometimes on walks!) so no ill effects! They did call a vet friend however who said best advice is to make the dog sick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,650 Posts
I think eating live baby rabbits is horrid too - my sister-in-law's dog is a labrador so I guess it comes naturally to a gun dog. Can't imagine my cuddly little Maisie doing anything like that!!:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
My yellow lab ate a full chocolate orange once. We just made her puke it up and she was fine and lived a happy, healthy life. Definitely was scary though!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top