I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

choosy day tomorrow

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Amh59 
#1 ·
:D:D:D

OMG, I have not been sleeping, I think it is the excitement. Last night I had a horrible dream that we got there and there were no puppies left and we got offered an iguana instead, lol!!

#6 ·
We're also picking up our puppy tomorrow and i'm so excited, i know tonight will be a sleepless night!

I cant help feeling a little nervious as this is our first puppy and we want to make sure he settles in well, any tips that anyone has on crate training would be much appreciated.. I've done all my research but still want to know more!

Thank You!

#8 ·
Nothing wrong with Iguana's :D But hey, we all love our cockapoos. Enjoy tomorrow.

Ashley - re crate training. Make the crate comfortable, ie vet bed, blanket from mummy dog, a toy and a T-shirt that smells of you. Cover the crate with a large blanket to make it feel more like a den.

I also put in Millie's crate, a few treats and a bowl of water (water at the back of the crate and in a dish that can't be knocked over).

Are you going to get up in the night to take new puppy to the toilet or are you going to put newspaper/puppy pad in the crate so he/she can toilet in the crate.

Do your very best not to go down to them when they cry.

:)

#10 ·
Hi Julie,

Thanks so much for your advice, I think we are doing well so far, we are trying to let him cry at night, heartbreaking as it is he has seemed to settle after half an hour, only waking up and crying if he needs the toilet!

He is absolutely gorgeous, we've called him Fiji and are utterly in love with him already!!

Ashley x

#14 ·
Thanks everyone, he's been doing really well..

We had a little accident in the house this morning, its the first time he has pooped in the house, so i think we are back to square one with training..

I've posted a couple of pictures, he's such a cutie, but then again, i may be biased!

Ashley x

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.