I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

After a long search and having done loads of research into breeders, we finally went and chose our gorgeous puppy from her litter yesterday. The breeder was wonderful and allowed us loads of time to hold the puppies and make our choice. We met mum too who was a lovely, friendly, calm dog. We went for a beautiful dark gold (?) girl who we have decided to call Hattie. She is 4 weeks old, we are going to visit her again at 8 weeks and the breeder is keeping her until 11 weeks due to my work commitments. Just thought I'd share a photo of her! Very excited!

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes really happy!

She has got great waves in her coat already. I have looked at loads of photos of how cockapoos' coats develop and wondering what she will look like when she is fully grown. Also wondering what colour she will become as know their coats tend to lighten.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
She's got a gorgeous coat already for her age. I would imagine that she will have quite a thick wavy/curly coat. Biscuit has a thick fleecy coat and I find a Karlie comb is the easiest grooming tool to get through it. It's difficult to say with colour. Apricot does tend to lighten but will depend on which poodle genes she has taken as some can deepen - Biscuit had dark apricot on his face which has faded completely but still has patches on his body.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.