I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we went up to see pups at Anzil's yesterday, horrid long drive but never mind - when we got there there were other new owners and only one boy left not picked from litter we had been following progress of - however there was still one pup available from another litter just 10 days older, who previously had been all spoken for (Anthony just has the 2 spring litters, same dad), well we were there ages and eventually decided to go for slightly older boy, we was very playful and did come to us more readily, of course that may have just been because he was older, bit concerned that he was pretty 'bitey' already but got plenty of toys already so hope we can deal with that. Just keep looking at his picture now and trying to get my head around the fact that 'Dudley' is now not the puppy who's progress I have been following!!! I know he will have done all the same things and Anthony has already sent me some pictures of him a couple of weeks younger. Good thing is I can pick him up earlier, but not until he's 9 weeks as have some plans I can't change, then I won't have to wait so long before taking him out - will try to post a pic soon.

· Registered
2,870 Posts
That's great Dawn! What colour/mix and how different is he compared to the original 'Dudley'? It's interesting how pups can completely change your mind when viewing them in the 'flesh'. 9 weeks sound like an ideal age to bring him home - as you say - one less week for 'walkies' which can make a huge difference - especially now that Spring has arrived!

· Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's show cocker mum, min poodle dad. Same colouring as pups had been looking at, light gold, can already see lighter hairs underneath so know he is likely to be very pale gold/cream in time. Mum was almost more working like though and quite lively, my husband said "well we want him to have a bit of character" - wonder how often I will have to remind him of that once pup is home with us!!!

· Registered
2,870 Posts
Ah lively sounds good! My breeder used to say how ours was the 'mischief maker' of the litter - but in a good way. I liked the sound of that as I wanted a dog who would make me laugh. But he's been really good and not challenging at all. He just does funny things like run away if he sees me getting ready to wipe his face, etc! I think they are quite different once you get them home and into a different environment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.