I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My cockerpoo Darcie is 6 months old & when she first arrived, she was black, with white whiskers on her chin and a white patch on her chest.When I gave her coat a trim a month ago, I noticed a substantial amount of grey /silver hairs on her back.Another dog owner commented on our walk today that they thought she was older than 6 months because of the grey hairs on her back 馃檨.Yes, I originally wanted a black cockerpoo but hey I love her whatever colour she is, or becomes in future.馃挏 馃グ

Registered
Darcie is adorable what a lovely picture Changing colour can be quite a common thing to happen particularly as pup grows and most definitely after a haircut There can be a number of other things too; the sun diet but also some solid black Cockapoos can fade in colour due to the inherited 'Fading gene' from the Poodle parent. ....so many intrinsic/extrinsic factors .......but no need to worry he is handsome lad.

Registered
Bowzer
Coats of many breeds change over time. The adult dog will generally come up differently from the puppies. Multiple things such as sunlight, medications, nutritional status, and skin disease can be factored in changing a dog's coat color. Also, it may happen that without medical or skin disease coat color gets changed.
If you find irritation, any signs of skin disease, hair loss, or discomfort, then you should better visit a veterinarian.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts