I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again everyone. I'm just wondering if anybody has any good tricks for dealing with mats in our cockapoos' coats. I got a mat brush from Petsmart that does a decent job, but less so with mats that are closer to the base of the fur near the skin.

Both my girls seem to get matted notably around their necks, even when I keep their collars off for a while.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Wish I could help, but I too would need some advice, guna invest in a couple more brushes though I think. I have the Les Pooches matt zapper though & that's pretty good, sometimes you just have to cut the bad big ones out :/

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I am dealing with the same issue, the matts around Lady's neck are bad and close to the skin...I want to cut her hair shorter this weekend....but I need to break these matts first....I am thinking of using Kendal's technique with the scissors....it's just getting her to stay still.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting them to stay still surprisingly isn't the problem. Especially Kira...that angel puts up zero fight ever.

I really don't want to have to cut their hair down, especially since this is just likely to happen again once it grows out. I'm ok with a shorter summer cut, but especially with the cool weather now in New England, they should have a full coat. :p

·
Registered
242 Posts
hi i use a small hook shaped tool with a blade in it to slice through the matt, it was from pets at home. you cant cut the skin with it so its very simple to use and a groomers detangling spray. with a longish coat you can cut bits out and noone will know lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.