I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've tried not to get hooked on this site - I've been quietly sneaking onto it for some time so I think I'm going to have to come clean and do a post! Definitely addictive!!
Our Cockapoo pup Rupert moved in just over 3 weeks ago and is now 12 weeks. Named Rupert because of his aristocratic nose. He's also called Rudolph or Rufus by the OH who's a tad forgetful. Rupert definitely seems to be part monkey. He was supposed to sleep in a pen in my study - but kept scaling the walls and escaping. We built increasingly complicated Colditz type structures - all of which he climbed over! So now he's in a crate with en suite grassy toilet in our bedroom, which he seems to like! He fits in with my late nights and late mornings - I woke him at 10 this morning and he staggered out all bleary eyed and hair sticking up. Great!! He's also whizzing up our scary open tread stairs, which I'd erected all sorts of protective barriers around, so I've high hopes for agility! Apparently his granny can get over a seven foot fence no probs. Might have to grow the garden hedges then!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Welcome to you and Rupert! Those with new puppies who are suffering from 5 and 6 am mornings will be ready to scratch your eyes out with envy at your late riser! :mad:
Look forward to seeing some photos of your cocka-monkey.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi Eileen & Rupert

welcome to cockapoo-mania .. pleased you ahve joined up ..its goo dfun on here... best forum around :) well its cockapoos after all ...

Can you post a pic of your monkey boy :) we would love to meet him

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Hi Eileen and Rupert. Oh I have enjoyed reading your post. What a character little Rupert is. Do keep those stories coming .....Rupert's Adventures! Yes, he needs his own thread! We just need some pics of him now. :)

Karen x

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Hello and :welcome: Eileen. Do you have any pictures of Rupert? We need to out a face to the name cocka-monkey!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah. Photos!:eek: Now working out how to post a pic might be tomorrow's project when techno son comes to visit. Or maybe I could just describe young Rupert very fully...? The trick in keeping your cockapoo snoozing in the morning is to keep him up really late! Not sure it'll work tonight as he's consumed most of a pig's ear today and that can't be good! He's got the most ENORMOUS appetite and would probably have given the rest of the pig a run for its money.
Many thanks for welcome messages. Great to meet the equally poo obsessed - I've noticed people are starting to cross the road when they see me coming.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Eileen, Rupert looks gorgeous in your pics, he looks very much like my Poppy.........Cute with a capital C. :welcome: to you both.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Actually that is a link to two very gorgeous photos!
Next time copy the IMG code and the photo will appear!
Lovely pup and yes, we are all 'poo obsessives on here!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, yes thanks - the pics were there after all! Think I might have cracked it now. Poppy's very cute Karen and similar colouring to Rupert. Love the big dark ears!
Talking of ears - he seems to have digested his pigs ear ok - it was big bro, Alfie-the-Bichon who was busy vomiting outside Rupert's crate at 6am! Shampooed the carpet and assumed I'd have to get up with Rupert - but he'd gone back to sleep! Woke him at 8.30 this morning.
Am going to attempt his first bath now as he's been asleep in his grassy en suite and doesn't smell too clever!
What does 'Go Advanced' mean???

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Maggie. Rupert's just over 12 weeks now, so similar age to your pup. He's settled amazingly well. One big concern was whether he'd get on ok with Alfie (eccentric Bichon age 3) but they're really good mates - manic games of chase round the house with Rupert hanging on to Alfie's tail. :eek: Alfie has his own 'Big Dog' room where he keeps his special stuff but otherwise seems happy to share! :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hope you have lots of fun with Rupert, looking forward to lots of photos:) He is gorgeous Eileen x

1 - 20 of 23 Posts