I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are photos of Dylan when I took him to the craft fair at Cambridge recently. In the past he's been a nuisance at fairs, but now he's a bit older, he behaved pretty well, so we can take him more often.

One way to attract customers
Now I've done all that work, I'm really tired.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ah, sweet! And I can confirm that the jewellery is indeed lovely. I ordered two necklaces form Helen and they are both beautiful. Especially the family one, made from the birthstones of each member of my family. I've worn it so often since I got it!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Having a stall at a craft fair is something I've always wanted to try, I make my own soaps, flavoured lip balms and bath jellies for friends for birthdays. That may go well at a craft fair!!! I will have to have a look around

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Having a stall at a craft fair is something I've always wanted to try, I make my own soaps, flavoured lip balms and bath jellies for friends for birthdays. That may go well at a craft fair!!! I will have to have a look around
That sort of thing is really good at fairs if you make a good, attractive display. But stand costs are really high at most of them, so it's not easy to make money. You might find some inexpensive small fairs, especially around Christmas - there are lots of church hall fairs where you could do well. If it went well could be a great exit route from your job?????
I love craft fairs, although it's been tough in the recession for jewellery, but they are really good fun - people are really friendly. Hard work though when you're working all week as well, so I don't do as many as I used to. A couple of years ago we went 39 days without a day off!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Good boy Dylan helping his Mummy.39 on the trot sounds tiring but when your doing something you love and you can take Dylan it sounds a little brighter. Shame its not more productive Simon, it sounded like a way of doing something for a living that feels good again, maybe doing it as a side line though could be fun... and dog friendly x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Dylan will bring the customers to the stand for sure!!!

"one necklace and a hug with Dylan your cockapoo, please".....

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He's coming to work again this weekend to bexleyheath and next week to tunbridge wells. Now he's settled down a bit more, we'll take him whenever we can. I hate leaving him behind.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well Dylan is being a really good boy today. We've had him untied most of the day and he's behaving brilliantly and has made a den under one of the tables, just sticking his head out now and then to say hi to his public. He just met a lovely cockapoo puppy called Cody who is 14 weeks old and they had a good play in the middle of the marquee with an amused audience.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts