I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
My cockapoo goes through this coughing fits. Almost like hacking. The vet said something about it being a bronchial condition this type of breed of dog can develop. Has anyone heard of this? Is anyone else dealing with the same thing? He can have the fits out of a dead sleep or laying still. Thanks for any help. Jen
hi my Harvey has this, and it has proved to be a cardiac cough. Stable on meds. Needs investigating

· Registered
3 Posts
My cockapoo goes through this coughing fits. Almost like hacking. The vet said something about it being a bronchial condition this type of breed of dog can develop. Has anyone heard of this? Is anyone else dealing with the same thing?

He can have the fits out of a dead sleep or laying still.

Thanks for any help.
Jen
my Harvey has this. 13 years now Collapsed one day, briefly only. Diagnosed with over large heart. This cough is called a Called a Cardiac cough. Helps to rub his neck underneath chin gently. And lots of reassurance, to prevent stress making things worse Doing well and less coughing on meds. This Needs investigating. It Sounds like kennel cough, but X-rays first clue. To enlarged heart

1 - 2 of 2 Posts