I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago Kendal asked if I would video the next time that I gave Buzz or Yum-Yum a full wash and groom. She asked this because I keep them with a full long coat and her dogs are all clipped so she wouldn't be able to show grooming out the full coat. So in between delivering loads of puppies over the last three weeks we have attempted to film the whole grooming process. Buzz was my model and he is now all 'Blump and Flumphy'! :D A term derived from lack of spellcheck and comments made by visiting children...........the words just tickled our fancy and they may well become the names of our next two Cockapoo's.

Julia xx

Cockapoo Grooming part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBYZrL5UZpI

...part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdHxb7JTa3s

...part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtisL7mZTxQ

... part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohQbheMZhpE

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Oh super, great timing. Right, off to bed with a cuppa, some choccy biscuits and the laptop to watch my bedtime movies...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Just watched these - very interesting, thanks. Buzz is so calm, he's obviously well used to it. I keep Maisie shorter, but its still useful to see the techniques used.

I'll be sticking with Tropiclean and Les Pooches now too.

Buzz looks beautiful. :)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Fantastic videos Julia. Thank you so much. Rufus is clipped quite short at the moment for the summer agility season but I hope to go long with him again come autumn. May I ask what size grooming table you use and are there any makes that you would recommend? Also which clippers would you recommend? I'm starting a Birthday present list! I can always wish!

Karen xx

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I've just watched them all, thanks so much for making them! What a good boy Buzz was! Les Pooches brushes are going on my shopping list for sure!!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Amazing Buzz!! However thats just confirmed i dont think i will ever be able to do that think i'll be sending mine to the dog groomer.Mind you think i will show them this video of how i'd like my cockapoo to look.
What do you do with Buzz when he's got wet from the rain/or muddy etc do you just dry him off with that towel or do you wash him again?

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
....And to think that Buzz is one of our more gregarious ones !

Whilst he is used to being groomed (Julia normally gets to grips with him once every 2-3 months) - how he is in the video - is basically how he is !

His temperament along with that of Yum-Yum - and I suppose any puppy we breed - is a result of us selecting Working Cocker mums that are sweet natured and more importantly confident individuals. Note - Julia actually started Jukee Doodles with the sole intention of breeding a "Family Pet" for her then 3 year old daughter Ella, so temperament came top of the list !.......and has remained so xxx

Think we will also do a "Dry Brushing" video with Yum-Yum next.

Having these two live here allows us to show potential customers first-hand what we do - it also allows us to be able to assess what we produce too. In the past we had kept Marley from our previous Stud Poodle Pinot - and whilst we loved him to bits he is a tad on the large size - so we down-sized Dad to Ziggy bringing our average adult Cockapoo size down to 14"-15" high to the shoulders. Now we have Uncle Fester in the mix - we have good excuse to keep one of his too !!!!
We don't have the sole intention to just sell puppies - we are trying to produce an ideal family dog and as such pay great attention to how we do things and the results we get - this has a knock-on effect in that we feel happy and confident enough to be able to pass genuine; honest and factual "information" gained from our own experiences.

Stephen x

·
Registered
858 Posts
OMG. It's official. I am in love with Buzz. What a good boy! And you are so good Julia!! Right, roll on Sunday when I get to see him and lots of other gorgeous pooches. Can't wait!! Thanks for doing that video. It's brilliant.

Harri x

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
..... we feel happy and confident enough to be able to pass genuine; honest and factual "information" gained from our own experiences.

Stephen x
Thanks for taking the time to do the videos and pass on your knowledge to us ~ its all really useful information. Look forward to seeing the "dry brushing". :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Julia, Thanks very much for video (and to Stephen for the filming) it was excellent, so good, we were late for work this morning as just sat watching you and the magnificent Buzz. No way on this earth would Jess (our JRT) stand there and be Jet washed! Buzz is amazing.

Also a little bit scary for an expectant Cockappo owner that's always owned self cleaning type dogs - I suspect what took you a few hours might very well take me several days and several trips to the vets to stitch up my poor cockapoo.

I'm thinking i'll go with the professional at first and work up to the diy. I very much like the Easidri, much better than anything similar that I have tried. Will definitely be getting some of those!

May I also put in an advance order when we collect our new girl for 10 gallons of dematter! :D

Excellent job and typically professional.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Julia,

Your videos are great - thanks for posting.

I have a lovely 10 month old cockapoo, who we have groomed and washed ourselves every few weeks since we've had him. I already use tropiclean shampoo and conditioner, and a les pooches brush (which are fantastic!) - but haven't been able to track down the d-mat. Do you know where I can get hold of some?

The mats are getting a little frustrtaing - but I am determined to keep his coat long!

Huge thanks, Amy

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Julia,

Your videos are great - thanks for posting.

I have a lovely 10 month old cockapoo, who we have groomed and washed ourselves every few weeks since we've had him. I already use tropiclean shampoo and conditioner, and a les pooches brush (which are fantastic!) - but haven't been able to track down the d-mat. Do you know where I can get hold of some?

The mats are getting a little frustrtaing - but I am determined to keep his coat long!

Huge thanks, Amy
You can get Tropiclean De-Tangle spray (this is the no-rinse formula) from rlpetproducts.co.uk

Glad that you find the videos useful. I hope they help in your quest to keep him with a full coat. Which Les Poochs brush do you use?

Julia x

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thankyou so much!!! what fab video's, 40mins well spent:) I know its been said time and time again,what an amazing boy Buzz is!:) I cant even brush through my 4 yr old sons, cockapoo style curly hair without screams,and tantrums.This forum is like a dream come true for all us owners to be,as our journey into cockerpooville will definately be a smoother one,so big thanks for all your very usefull posts Mr & Mrs Doodles!! :p

This little cockapoo is going to be so pampered with all these special brushes,i dont think i even spend that amount of time on my own hair in 2-3 mnths!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Just brilliant, Buzz was a star and looks magnificent. Thanks for taking so much time to do this. You should put a link on your website 'Caring for your Cockapoo' for any of your advice videos like this as they are so helpful to all prospective, new and even experienced owners. I searched high and low on youtube and didn't find anything this informative.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts