I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can you please share some growth information on your cockapoos? We're trying to get a sense of about how big a 12 week cockapoo that's 5.4 pounds (2.45kg) might be at 24 weeks, and at adult?

Thank you for any information you can share about your cockapoo's growth stats that might help me predict his potential weight based on other puppies growth.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Growth

Hi

Just after we got Lola at 12 weeks she weighed 2.7 kg, at 16 weeks (2 weeks ago) when she went to the vets for her worm and flea treatment dosage she was 4.9 kg.
In the 6 weeks we have had her she has probably doubled in length. When we collected her from the breeder and was looking at how much dry mix food to give her she reckoned that her fully grown weight would be around 10-11kg.

all the best
Danny

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help! The cockapoo we're considering has parents who are a 12 lb (5.4 kg) mini poodle dad and mom is a 20 lb (9.1 kg) American cocker spaniel. First gen. But I'm not sure how much of an impact that might have on his weight. His frame seems to be more poodle like. He's not very long like cocker spaniel. We're not sure if he'll be more like an average of those 2 dog's weights?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

You can never really tell, even sibblings from the same litter can vary so much.
When we chose Lola she was the smallest by far of the five remaining puppies, not a runt - just petite.
Her mother was a cockapoo and dad a miniture poodle - an F1b, so she is 3/4 poodle, but I have seen other F1 puppies on here just like her.

Danny

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi!

I don't have a chart, but these are the weights I have for Dexter -

12 weeks - 4.6kg
6 months - 8.6kg
7 months - 10.6kg

Dexter had a Working cocker Mum, and Mini Poodle Dad (14" to shoulder).

He's 18" to shoulder now, and I reckon will get up to 12kg, maybe 13. I reckon you could be looking at around 8kg adult weight, but it's so difficult to say, you just have to see the parents and make a judgement on that.
Sometimes male pups can end up silghtly bigger than both parents.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Willow 18 weeks old

Our puppy is Willow, an all black F1 Cockapoo. Her mum is a show type cocker spaniel and dad is a Miniature Poodle. She is 18 weeks old today and weighed in at 4.7kg last night. I would just like to know whether her weight is normal for her age and if anyone knows at this stage approximately how heavy she will grow to be also.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Louie was tiny, just 1kg when we bought him home at 8 weeks. He’s now nearly 18 weeks an weighs just over 6kg and stand 13” to the shoulder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Girl Sandy had her first injection Monday and the vet was concerned at her weight which at 11 weeks old was 2kg.

We got her at 10 weeks old and she put on 0.5kg between the time we got her and her vet appointment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts