I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I stumbled across this site while in my search for information about cockapoos and now that we have one on the way, I decided to sign up! We should hopefully be getting him the first week of January (hopefully the 3rd!) so I will be sure to stop back in with more once he has arrived. My family has always had labs previously so this should be a change but we are so excited! :laugh:

Can't wait!
Parapluie

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, do you have a name yet, what colour is he, do you have any photos from the breeder yet.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's red and his name is going to be Rufus :) I have some pictures from the breeder... here you go!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
wow very cockery, English or American, what colour were mum and dad. my mum had a cocker that colour when i was little.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow very cockery, English or American, what colour were mum and dad. my mum had a cocker that colour when i was little.
Yeah, he is, but I like that :) His mother is a red American cocker and his father is a red mini poodle.

What a cutie you must be so excited. I know when we got JJ I was beside myself.
I can't even stand the suspense! ahahah I am so so so excited :laugh:

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
cant wait to see how is coat and colour change as he gets older. are you traveling far to get him.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know that they often change colors as they get older. I am very curious to see how that goes. I love his coloring right now but if it changes I'm sure he will look great anyway ;)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not long now counting down tha days he looks lovely hes got a gorgeous face x
Thanks! I am definitely counting down the days! :) The only positive to waiting a little longer is how much work I still have to do in order to get the house ready haha

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi, he looks absolutely gorgeous. We just got our first cockaoo 3 days ago and she is an absolute delight (so far!). We've found her crate invaluable and Kendal's tip using a frozen flannel tied in knot has been great for her little teeth and she always looks for it first. Good luck, get lots of sleep in now! Kate (my son James is signed up here)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Kate! Thank you! I think he is beautiful but I think I'm a little biased ;)
I am glad to hear you are enjoying your puppy! How old is she? The frozen flannel idea sounds great, I've never tried that with our previous puppies.
Best of luck and ENJOY your pup!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So have you got Rufus? I'm sooo excited for you. Waiting for news and lots of pics....... :)
Ahhhh not til tonight :( Today is going to go by awfully slowly, I'm afraid haha. I will definitely share lots of pics as soon as I can!!! and thank you, I'm so excited too!

·
Registered
21 Posts
A Beautiful Dog

Welcome and how excited you must be! Your little puppy reminds me of my dog, who I picked up from her breeder when she was eight weeks old. She looked much like a cocker, as yours does.

That meeting driving home with her when she was fully ours was wonderful. I wish you the same joy.

Be sure to post photos of him as he grows and changes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts