I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have my very first Cockerpoo, she is black with white markings and has the most wonderful character. She seems to have poodle legs and ears, but cocker coat (straight). It does have a slight wave to it, I think she will be scruffy and she has a beard and big eye brows. Do any of you know what age her coat will start to develop? Also, she knows to go outside for a wee, but sometimes is so excited and runs around in the garden, that no matter how many times I say do wees (I can spend 20 mins out there saying it) she will do nothing, then come in a wee on the floor. It doesn't happen all the time, but quite alot. Any advice??? Many thanks

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
When you take her out make sure you put her down where she has wee'd before as it's sniffing about and smelling wee that triggers them to go again. If she's just charging about you could try dropping a couple of small treats on the ground so she'll stop running around and sniff the treats out then wee. Or you could try having a small puppy pen over the area where she wee's so you can just put her down inside the pen so she'll concentrate on the task. Also make sure you use a spray like 'Get Off' on any indoor areas where she has wee'd so she doesn't return the same spot to wee again.

See this link http://www.mydogslife.co.uk/cockapoo-coat-colour-catalogue/ for information and pictures of cockapoo coat changes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I also have my first Cockapoo who is 11 weeks. We have had him 2 weeks and already his coat has changed...When we got him is was very golden brown all over with a thick, wavy coat. He is now getting lighter every day (his legs and face have totally changed from dark to light) and his wave is now a scruffy loose curl.

Mandy - I've been looking at your blog and Archie is very much like Remy. Has she changed colour yet?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

Try this to help Poppy know where to do her wee's. We used it for Lolly and after a quick spray in the place we wanted her to go, a sniff from Lolly and hey presto she would wee!!! Then we could name it and praise.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I also have my first Cockapoo who is 11 weeks. We have had him 2 weeks and already his coat has changed...When we got him is was very golden brown all over with a thick, wavy coat. He is now getting lighter every day (his legs and face have totally changed from dark to light) and his wave is now a scruffy loose curl.

Mandy - I've been looking at your blog and Archie is very much like Remy. Has she changed colour yet?
Her coat started coming through lighter from around 6-8 weeks but it now seems to be getting darker again. The base of her coat is coming through quite dark apricot - you can kind of see it here...

Remy and Archie do look similar and are only a couple of days apart in age. What cross is he? Would love to see more pictures of him, have you posted some in other threads that I can take a look at?

·
Registered
61 Posts
You could also try taking your pup out in the garden on a lead. I've not got my puppy home yet so haven't practiced this, but it is what I've read. Take her to the spot where she's wee'd before, or you want her to wee, stop still and don't talk to her until she's done what she needs to - then give her some treats and lots of affection and praise :D

In the house, make sure you disinfect the area she wees at, uif she can smell the scent of herself, she'll be more likely to return to this spot.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Her coat started coming through lighter from around 6-8 weeks but it now seems to be getting darker again. The base of her coat is coming through quite dark apricot - you can kind of see it here...

Remy and Archie do look similar and are only a couple of days apart in age. What cross is he? Would love to see more pictures of him, have you posted some in other threads that I can take a look at?
Hi Mandy. Sorry only just seen this. yes it is going darker isn't it! I have been trying to get some pics up but need to sit down (with peace and quiet!) and work out how you do it..only that never seems to be an option at the minute. :( Hopefully I'll get a chance within the next couple of days as I've got some lovely pics of him now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.