I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

Our family have fallen in love with this breed having almost adopted our neighbours lovely lively auburn coloured 18 month cockerpoo. I am new to the site, having spent the last month trudging through the internet looking for a Cockerpoo pup to join our family. Does anyone know of any breeders in Scotland as we would like to visit the family before we buy.

Thanks for any advice you can give us, much appreciated.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey welcome, where abouts in scotland are you from.

have you tried breedersonline, epups, pets4homes

what kind of cockapoo are you after, English/American(show or working) cross Toy/Mini poodle, what about generation F1, F2 etc do you have a colour in mind, boy or girl, are their any alergy sufferes in your home that you will need to be sure they wont react to the pup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for advice

Just tried breedersonline and found at least 3 potential breeders, so thanks for the heads up, very helpful. We live in East Renfrewshire and thankfully no allergies to worry about, however we are not sure whether it is better to have a boy or girl any suggestions we should consider here? Colour we are open to it is more important for us that we have the right natured sized dog, which we feel we have in the Cockapoo. Fingers crossed our new family member will be joining us in the next few months....will keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
If you're unsure about getting a boy or girl why don't you just visit a potential litter and see which pup you bond with ..... so go more for their character?

Karen x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
fantastic, i think the boy girl thing is personal, i cant see my self ever owning a boy dog. good luck in your serch.

i have £ English Minis and an American Mini

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Good luck with your search Fizz, I'm in East Lothian, I travelled down to Lincolnshire for my pup - 5 1/2 hours, Izzy was absolutely fine, so don't be put off going further afield if you don't find what you're looking for nearer to home :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone

Thanks for all your lovely advice and comments, looks like we may be travelling in the next few weeks further afield as haven't found any pups in Scotland. Will keep you all posted on our journey.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
yeah we couldnt find any breeders in scotland when we were looking and ended up going to loncolinshire too but to a different breeder. and we just keps going back and ended up with two sets half sisters (all from different.leitters at different times)the eldist sisters are also aunts to my youngest two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts