I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While walking Maggie at the park today a lady got talking to me about how she was behaving as a puppy. I said really good as she is left on her own a few days a wk and has caused no damage to any of my home (touch wood) hehe! and the lady asked if this was a cockapoo trait? I simply didnt know and it got me wondering what else is a trait to our 'breed' and what is just special to Maggie. Would love to hear if the lack of destructiveness is a trait, and also what other traits we come across.
Emma x:D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Dylan never does any damage, but I know that some others do, so doubt this is a breed trait. Definitely affection and being responsive to training. I think most of them are very keen on retrieving balls and do most of them like water?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Beau did start to chew the skirtingboards in the kitchen but we sprayed some bitter apple spray on it and she stopped immediately! Other than that she hasn't done anything :) I totally agree with Helen with everything else. Beau loves balls and frizbees. She is extremely affectionate and is eager to please so easy to train :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
yes definitely affection, just nip upstairs for a few minutes, and you get the biggest greeting when you come down, as if you've been away hours!! and as Helen say's I think most of them love water, I know Poppy does except rain, she refuses point blank to go out in it :)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Maisie is not destructive either. She will sometimes run after a ball but on the whole is not bothered (she's an American cockapoo) and is not keen on going in water - she is a little timid though.

She is very affectionate though, and will follow me everywhere, even if she appears to be asleep, she will leap up and follow if I leave the room. :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup maggie is super affectionate too, I get the best welcome home form her, or welcome back to the living room lol!!! She likes to chase a ball but not got the hang of bring it back yet. So I end up chasing the ball round the park too! Emma x

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I think that cockapoos are definitely people dogs and are quite intuitive. Dexter is very good at judging people's moods already. He adores retrieving and can't keep out of water. He is not destructive at all in fact we can give him the run of the house without worrying.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ruby follows me everywhere, took a while to pefect the art of not tripping over her! She loves swimming in my dads pond.I think they are on the whole easy to train too.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
out og 4 cockapoos w have lost, 1 computer cable(G), 1 cammeras cable(G), 1 phone(D) charger, a funnle(D), several dummys/pasifiers (I), Echo did chew a cable but only a little so some wier tape fixed that. i think also a pair or two of socks and underwair, i think their was a toy but i dont remember it, as the toy i do remember was sheded by a friedns dog sleeping over. lol sweets for delta

but nothing like i have herd of others like doors, walls, floors, remotes, money, etc

so i think we have been quite lucky

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Betty is affectionate, loves to chase and retrieve ( she did this naturally without any training) loves paddling in her water bowl and trying to dive into the pond so guessing she likes water! I think they are pretty smart and easy to train - we showed her how to go through the cat flap ONCE and she got it
straight away:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bobby is affectionate,he also loves water,but not at all keen on going out in the rain.We have had a chewed laptop cable,hifi cable also a pair of sunglasses and a new pair of shoes.:D

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Millie, like everyone else is very affectionate and easy to train, she really wants to please. As for chewing, she hasn't touched the furniture, skirting boards, walls etc. But have lost two pairs of flip flops, more I think because the resemble her toys. Yet she's not destroyed any toys yet, just likes to play with them.

Through the teething stage she did eat through my iron flex and had a go at the hoover flex, which was a huge worry. :eek: That phase seems to have passed, but I'm still vigilant at unplugging stuff or keeping cables tucked away.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Eddie will leap over puddles, runs from the sea yet absolutely goes crazy for the hose and sprinklers in fields :confused:

He has a liking to iphone/ipod headphones - we have to hide them :eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
coco is also affectionate when it suits her ,she follows me everywhere (bit weird in the toilet lol ).She has chewed at our wall but hasnt done it for ages,her fave is sunglasses she swipes them off your head and runs up the garden with them .I am down to my last pair.The best thing about her is the welcome you get like others have said even if ive only gone upstairs.Her funniest thing is if i make the beds she likes to lie under the quilt and if you scratch the top she (playfully ) likes to bite and chase your fingers .Ive had other doggys but none of them have her character :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts