I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya!

My black cockapoo with a white tuxedo has a brown tinge all over his body. He's had it since he was around 5 months old, when the light hits his fur it has a brown hue on it. He is healthy overall and I feed him a raw diet with extra supplements. He also has it in the winter so cant be down to sun bleaching. Does anyone know what might cause it? Could it be genetic? I haven't seen another cockapoo with a brown tinge before. I've added a photo so you can see what I mean, it's right before a haircut. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't know if this is why he has the tint. My cockapoo Charlie was sable and white when born. Initially he was black and white but after his first haircut, most of the black turned into a dark caramel color. Then after a couple other haircuts he was caramel color. I've attached a picture for you so you have an idea of how he changed. He's one year old and 14 lbs. Sweet boy! Loves the snow.
IMG_20201225_140627564_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know if this is why he has the tint. My cockapoo Charlie was sable and white when born. Initially he was black and white but after his first haircut, most of the black turned into a dark caramel color. Then after a couple other haircuts he was caramel color. I've attached a picture for you so you have an idea of how he changed. He's one year old and 14 lbs. Sweet boy! Loves the snow. View attachment 131015
How strange, he's lovely. Must just be a genetic thing! Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts