I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girls are almost seven months old now. In a few months it'll be time for me to take the hard top off my Jeep and embrace soft top season. I want to be prepared for this. Obviously I don't want either of them getting hurt but I do want them to enjoy it. Right now they have no problem in the car. So, what do you guys recommend? Perhaps a harness or something?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
You can use a harness that you just pass the seatbelt through. They still allow a reasonable amount of movement and they can sit up or lie down, but it will stop them making a premature exit :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi AzureStarline - we don't have a convertible, but we use a little harness clip thing we got from a petshop locally to secure our pup in the back of the car - it's about 18" long and has 3 types of seatbelt connector on one end (so that it fits all types of cars) and a standard trigger clip like on the end of a lead - we clip this to her collar or lead - it can be shortened/lengthened a bit and was about £3.50 - so we have one in each car permanently plugged into the middle seat belt in the back.

I suppose depends how much your dog moves about in the car generally - we find that Ruby likes to put her head on the armrest, so she's sort of in the front with us (bum on back seat, front legs on floor)

The seatbelt through the harness thing that Dylansmum suggests would also work too

·
Registered
818 Posts
You could put a crate in the car, best thing for protection. You can also put a blanket on it for wind reduction. You can buckle a crate in to keep it still as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts