I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing a few of you out there wanting somewhere nice for your dog to stay while you are on holiday, I have been thinking about offering a place in our home so that your dog can have a holiday too.
We are a family of 5, me and hubby, 2 little girls and Weller. So obviously all holidayers need to be good with both kids and other dogs, I assure you both mine, kids and dog are very sociable.
I have many years experience working with and owning many types if dog, greyhounds, jack russells, anatolian shepherds are all dogs I have personally owned and I have worked in kennels for many years up until having my children. 20 years to be precise.....oh my god I am getting on. I am 34, started my doggy work young!;)
I do eventually want to train, and start my own mobile dog grooming business but after a few years off with the kids I need to start from the beginning. So if there is enough interest from any of you cockerpoo owners I will look into, insurances etc to make sure I am sufficiently covered to look after your pet and have everything in place that you would like in place to leave your baby in my care and not worry. They would be welcomed as part of our family.
I can happily provide references for those who wish to see them.
Just need to guage interest first to see if it is worth doing, let me know:D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I might possibly be interested for Dylan, as my daughter is going to be moving out soon and then I will need somewhere for hols. What part of Herts are you?

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Hi Karen,
The things you do to get hubby to approve a second dog :D:D

How do you fancy a trial run for the day this Friday? I want to take the kids to Legoland in Windsor and was going to ask a neighbour to pop in and let him out but I could drop him with you instead! I think you're quite close to me? Of course happy to pay you a pet sitting fee!

Clare
x

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Karen,
The things you do to get hubby to approve a second dog :D:D

How do you fancy a trial run for the day this Friday? I want to take the kids to Legoland in Windsor and was going to ask a neighbour to pop in and let him out but I could drop him with you instead! I think you're quite close to me? Of course happy to pay you a pet sitting fee!

Clare
x
oh yes Clare we can do that! perfect way to introduce Obi to us, just a day and you can see if he is happy and no rush for you to get back, thinking he is crossing his legs wanting outside:) If you are happy then I am very happy to have him. Will start with early stroll to park so both boys come home at same time, I am sure they will get on fine, Weller isn't terratorial at all so can't forsee a problem, you would be welcome to come too to have peace of mind before leaving for your day out and they can have off lead time or if you are short on time I will walk him on lead obviously. x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Excellent .. good for you .. Watford .. easy to get to too... and offering dogs a real home environment ...

Would you be happy to have two dogs at the same time? Just nice to know .... not that I am good at leaving my dogs .. but I guess I will have to one day :S

I have your email address xxx

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Ah Amanda ... not to worry your not the only one to miss out.... might not be able to put Lady up but would put you up any time :D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
That's a good location for us as we fly from luton usually. I prefer to leave Dylan at home if I can, but won't always be possible and you sound like a really good alternative Karen.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Excellent idea - we used to board our Cavvie at peoples homes rather than kennels and will do the same with Beau when she is a bit older :D

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BRING THEM ALL!!!!! :D it would be fantastic for me to earn some of my own money while doing something I LOVE! I won't need another puppy I would count myself so lucky to look after some of your precious girls and boys. Jo I would definately take your 2, no problem. Even other half is on board:cool: xx
Molly is just so excited at prospect of having Obi stay for the day, she is counting sleeps!

·
Registered
147 Posts
well just told my wife and she said her brother lives down south and so does mine so will def take you up on that one day:)

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
wow Karen, you have yourself a little business going now. Just PM'd you back about Friday :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
We quite often visit Herts to stay with friends, and would need doggy day care whilst there for theme park visits, etc, so i would use you. Great idea - maybe we could start a network of these to help each other out?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts