I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

Cockerpoo new habit

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Gaynor59 
#1 ·
I’m new to this forum and wondered if anyone else’s cockerpoo does this and if they know why.
I’ve got a cockerpoo male who will be 5 in March he has lately developed this habit every evening of sitting on my lap with a toy it can be any toy and he holds it in his mouth and the starts rubbing his front two feet together, he keeps the toy in his mouth and seems like he’s in a trance. He can do this for an hour or so.
Anyone have any idea why he would do this?
Thanks for any ideas in advance.

#2 ·
Join the club , my Louis is 4 and has bee doing this for a couple of years. He sucks on the toy and does what looks like paddling or kneading , he never does it until night time , we’ve always thought it was a comfort thing as if suckling on mum .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I’m glad to hear another dog doing the same, and seems like nothing to worry about. Alfie only does it at night time too.
It’s so funny to watch it’s just like he’s in his own world but seems contented and not stressed.
Thank you for your reply xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.