I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just discovered this website tonight - I love it!! I am about to get my first Cockerpoo (I currently have a Labradoodle) in 3 weeks and I can't wait!! I have found an amazing breeder who has been really supportive all the way through. My only problem is I can not think of a suitable name for her:/ She is of course gorgeous!!! She is blond in colour with a white patch on the top of her head. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My doodle is called Izzy.

I am hoping to do agility with puppy when she is bigger too!!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Hi & welcome! :)
Some great breed choices there ;)
My oldest cream girl is called Izzie :D
My little pup is called Poppy.
What kind of names do you like? Girly ones? Ending 'y' or 'ie' or something different to Izzy?
Also what cocker x poodle cross is she?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank u both for your help. I like such a variety of names - this i think could be the problem!! Dolly is a lovely name and I wondered about Biddy too but she is almost too pretty. I don't want her to sound too like Izzy as I don't want them to get muddled!! Betty Boo is a wonderful name and I like Betsy too!!!

Her Mum is an English working Cocker (Red) and Dad is a toy poodle (white). 3 weeks today is the day she arrives so roll on 3 weeks!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
No problem :) Sounds like you'd prefer something that has a different ending to Izzy then? I said the same to my parents by then insisted on Poppy :) I think she is learning it slowly but surely, Izzie knows Poppy's name already, but unless Poppy just chooses to ignore me half the time then she probably hasn't fully learnt it yet, she's been home about 3 weeks. Sounds like you could maybe have a little red baby then? :) I bet you can't wait!

So name idea (that don't sound anything like Izzy)...

Beau, Belle, Ella, Grace, Hope, Jade, Jess, Kayla, Kiara, Rhea, Sasha...

But there are absolutely loads that I love ending in 'ie' or 'y' so if you want any of those options just let me know :) Haha.

Good luck with your name picking!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow! Now that is some suggestions!! Thank you. Actually I think like you I prefer endings in an ie or y!! I like Daisy but cant have that cos my Mother in Laws dog is Daisy:/ I like Dolly though and possibly Biddy....

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
No worries, I actually pushed for a few of them but my family prefered the 'ie' 'y' endings & we ended up with Poppy :)

There's so many though! I loved Roxie, Cassie, Chloe, Sophie, Zoey, Missy, Gracie is cute as well! I had a friend who had a cat called Biddy, so i'm not sure it would suit a cute little cockapoo :) It reminds me more of an old name?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Siouxsie
Prudence
Margo
Polly poo
Lulu
Dusty
Maz
Hetty/Hatty

I like Polly Poo, but I am very silly and like names that you can play with. Daisy is Daisy doodle, Doodle Daise and some friends have started to call her Daisy Duke (Dukes of Hazard!) amongst many other things! :D

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Naming puppies is not my strong point .. I have lists everywhere and change the name loads of times ... usually pick one of hubbys favourite names .. he is better at it, just dont tell him I need him for puppy naming :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.