I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Betty's was about 3in long and looked like a feather. But it kept getting matted so with her recent quite drastic cut her tail was cut to about an inch long. I miss her longer tail but at least this way it's easier to keep mat free!!!

Sorry I don't have any pictures where her tail shows up much as it's usually wagging so much that it's a blur in pictures!!!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
gypsy and incas tails were shaved in their early years, mums choice as she wanted a cocker like cut but with a bit of the poodle lamb cut, needless to say i know have controle of their grooming stiles.
so Gypsy and inca have poodle pood tails but then they also have their tails docked like the poodle so it suets them.

i have trimmed Echos tail a wee bit but never much, it seems to stay at the same length without much trimming.
Delta has never had heri tail trimmed but her tail sits compleatly different to the others her tail drapes over her back their at the other go out strait, and echos drapes down like a spanial.

i need to keeps Gypsys short as she mats so babdy, where as incas tail almost never needs a brush

shaved tales

Deltas taile goes over her back, Echos drops down and Gypsys stays fairly strate

this video shows better what im talking about

http://youtu.be/1Gq2k-saPyU

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Izzie's talk was trimmed last time she went to the groomers, just to tidy it up a bit tbh, but it is still quite nice & long. Poppy is still really young & not even sure if she'll have a really fluffy tail or not, time will tell :)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Delta has the 'plume' I was talking about. Freddie and Darcey both hold their tails over their backs too. I guess the length wouldn't work if they held them out straight!

Interesting that some of yours are docked. Do you work them?
Gypsy and Inca are 5 years old the docking law wasnt braught in till about 3 years ago. our breeder docked all her cockapoos Echo and delta would have been docked if the law hadnt change. she also dew clawed untill we got Delta because the laws in her aria changed so she couldnt get them dew clawed. which is why we had so much bother with Delta getting hers removed when she was spayed. its so much easier to get the dew claws removed at birth.

docking was one of the things my mum wanted when looking for a cockapoo. i think she would have prefered the was the americans dock the tail llike the cocker but i like that they were docked like the poodle.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Flo's is kept tidy with no plume. She wags her tail so much and so vigorously there would be a constant draught and all paperwork would need weighing down with heavy objects if it were kept too long...

i think some cockapoos take on the poodle taile which just cant be kept in the same ways as the more cocker tail. Echo has a very light coat so her tail stays nice and long gypsy and inca i dont think could have had a long tail like that.
Deltas i have the heep the bit the rubs on her back short as it mats but the rest stays like Echos.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Max is booked in for his first groom next Tuesday and I will ask for his tail to be trimmed as I think I will prefer it nice and tidy...

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Flo looks lovely in that pic. I have already trimmed at least an inch off the end of Biscuit's tail (it seemed to long for his height! - here I go again!). It looks much better now and would like to keep it like Flo's when he gets older.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Maggies tail is funny, it curls over her back but she doesnt seem to grow so much fur on her tail! It's never been cut but I think is really not very long! I would like a nice fluffy tail on her she might grow it yet I suppose.

Its hard to catch a photo of a tail that doesnt stop wagging!
Emma x

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.