I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do your Cockerpoos like being in water? Ours hate it they just about tolerate it when being washed, they hated being near the sea but loved digging in the sand!!! We had a GSD many, many years ago, and he absolutely loved water, so much so that if he saw a river ahead you had to get him on a lead or else he would have been straight in it. He had many a happy day in the river at Lechlade in Swindon but these two won't even step in a puddle :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Betty is not keen at all, took her to the beach at Brighton last week and she just ran away from the waves!

Jane

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
my lot love it, as puppies they go round it but soon learn how much fun it is.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah we saw yours loved water Kendal on Youtube they were so funny. We have given up trying to get ours near it, they run inside if we get the hose out lol

Glad our dogs are not the only ones not like water Jane.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Dylan loves it. He prefers to run around in shallow water, but will swim if he needs to to retrieve sticks. I walk him every day by the river and he has 5 or 6 regular places where he can access it and paddle. It's great in the hot weather because it keeps him cool.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Flossy loves water, she even tried to get in the bath when my 7 year old daughter was in it ! Heres a pic of her after playing on the water slide with the kids, not her best look lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Lolly hasn't made her mind up about water yet! She'll tentatively follow a puppy playmate into the water but doesn't look to impressed! She's not too happy about baths either.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Benny hates water! He hates getting baths, and when we go camping, he'll never go in the streams/lakes. Sometimes we'll drop him in the lake to cool off, but he just swims ashore.

I took a video of Ben swimming ashore during our last camping trip a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Dexter is mad about water- he will paddle in just about anything and has his very own little paddling pool in my garden which he goes in several times a day!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ruby loves water. She jumps in my dads pond as soon as she gets the chance,loves muddy puddles. Only thing she hates is a bath which is weird. She does however love a shower!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
As a small pup Rufus fell in our local canal .....twice! and went right under. Ever since then he has developed a healthy respect for water. He adores it and makes a bee line for any lake, river, canal etc as long as he has four paws on the ground! I'd love him to learn to swim ....I think! Maybe when we're on holiday in the lake district....

Karen and Rufus x

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Weller loves water!! I often think what a good gun dog he could make, as he will go anywhere to retreive. It does nothing for his looks though as once wet he looks really really skinny:)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Millie is not keen on the sea. If she loses her ball in the sea, she'll bark until hubby goes and gets it !. But if she loses a piece of cuttle fish in the sea, she'll wade in and find it!

She loves to dig in the sand instead.

She will play in a stream that is paddling deep and if there are other dogs also in the water she really, really plays silly buggers, jumping, galloping etc until she is totally wet through :)

Hadn't thought about a paddling pool in the garden as Tess has done. Think I'll give it a go sounds fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts