I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and just thought I would give out an idea for food option for anyone really struggling with colitus. I have a four year old Cockapoo called Ruby who at the age of two really started to suffer with prolonged attacks of colitus and has now been diagnosed with Inflammatory bowel disease. After spending a small fortune and watching her suffer we, on the advice of the Royal Vetinary College, have her on Purina HA. We still have the odd attack but at least she is drug free. Getting her to eat it though is a little tricky as very bland.

Really hope this helps anyone who may be having a hard time with there Cockapoo or any other breed of dog.

Best Wishes :)

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Hi there,
My lady is just over a year and has been suffering with a bit of colitus. I have put her on a fresh food and she has been symptom free since. it is called Deli Fresh but I am in Canada

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hi Ali,

Rosie had colitis as a puppy and the only thing we found that she could tolerate was the raw food, Natural Instinct. She's a year old now and still can't tolerate anything else in significant quantities, but can eat any flavour of NI without a problem. It's so good when you finally find something that works, isn't it? You don't realise quite how stressful it all was until it stops.

I'm glad Ruby has found something that works for her,

Louise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your kind thoughts and replies.If Ruby becomes intolerant of the Purina HA you have given me some other options, sadly it took steriods antibiotics and a home cooked diet to get it under control none of the usual diets worked.

She looks pretty happy now asleepon my bed!!

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Rosie got worse when they treated her colitis with antibiotics, to the point that when she needed them for an infected cut recently, I didn't want her to have them. The vet persuaded me and it turned out that, on Natural Instinct, she can even tolerate antibiotics!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.