I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered Princess Daisy a new pink (yes pink! :rolleyes:) rolled leather collar! Her soft puppy collar is one of the reasons she is matting round the neck so I thought it was time to get a decent one for her. These are reccomended for long hair breeds and I have heard other owners reccomend them.

Thought the link might be useful for anyone else thinking of changing from puppy to adult collars. :D

http://www.franceskellybridles.co.uk/products.php?bridle_type=269&nam=Dog Collars and Harnesses#colour

I will post a picture when it arrives! :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Has to be pink :) especially with black cockapoos- really suits them- plus she is a girlie :)

When we first got Milly I bought her a pink puppy collar and hubby was :rolleyes: when I got her an adult one he was like " It has to be pink!!!" :D:D

I have met a nice lady on the field we use who has a lovely whippet called Betty. She really loved my two's harnesses and she wanted to get Betty one.

But her mean OH wouldn't let her get a pink one!!! so she had to have green. What a meanie :D:D I even said to her what about the blues as they had some lovely shades, thought that would be a good compromise.

My hubby didn't even get asked :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to get red as I love red, but I got swayed at the last minute and changed it! I hope it will look nice especially as I opted for an expensive hand made one rather than a cheap brown ancol one! :eek:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I was going to get red as I love red, but I got swayed at the last minute and changed it! I hope it will look nice especially as I opted for an expensive hand made one rather than a cheap brown ancol one! :eek:
What a snob :laugh::laugh: :p

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Daisy will look fab. :)

I've heard these rolled collours are good for coats prone to matting ... maybe I'll order for Xmas! Quite like royal blue for Bess and black for Maisie ... same colour as their leads. Too expensive to get the leads as well I'm afraid.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Ooh, I think Izzy will need one of those, and it will be Pink! Let me know how the dye is - poor Phoebe has a pink stained tuxedo as she can't keep away from water and her pink collar was a cheapie, so I'll have to buy her one too :)

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ooh, I think Izzy will need one of those, and it will be Pink! Let me know how the dye is - poor Phoebe has a pink stained tuxedo as she can't keep away from water and her pink collar was a cheapie, so I'll have to buy her one too :)
I will let you know what it is like complete with a picture of course! :D There was a section on the order from where you could say of your dog had a light coat or not, maybe it is treated differently?

I couldn't justify the lead as apart from making it a REALLY expensive purchase we already have a long line, a retractable lead, a brown rolled leather one bought with her first rolled leather collar which was too small (and will be going on ebay!) and a nice patterned red one. I don't need anymore leads! :rolleyes: :behindsofa:

Hope I didn't really sound snobby! :eek:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's good! :)

I am sure I could have found a more expensive one if I tried but it would have have sparkly things on it and there is no point having a bling collar if you are covered in matts! :eek: It is not a good look for a Cockapoo Princess :whatever:!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.