I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're picking our new puppy up this weekend from Anzils:) Are there any other new Anzils puppys on this forum?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Sarah, we picked Keltie up this morning from Anzils and have had a fab day with her, but I'm shattered. We can't praise Ant enough for all his help and of course his gorgeous puppies.

Let me know how you get on.

Cris :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi cris, I would love to see some pics if you get a chance. Who is the mum? We're setting off first thing in the morning and coming back later on Monday. Jools on the forum picked up Dexter, an American cockapoo last weekend from the April litter. He's extremely cute! Be in touch soon:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Sarah,

How exciting :twothumbs: Hope journey home goes well and can't wait to hear all about the new furry member of your family - lots of photos please! Best wishes, Karen.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Did you post a picture before with Isla and Dexter on or am I getting mixed up? Hope everything goes ok... looking forward to hearing how you got on x

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry for the late reply..............tooooooooo busy toilet training:eek: Ant is a fantastic breeder, well worth the 5 hour journey to him, Oh and he's a really nice guy too! Apart from the toilet training.....lots of accidents on the first night, we just didn't get there on time, she has just started to realise that it is better to do it out side, although there is still the odd accident if i take my eye off her, but she's getting the hang of it.
She cried for 45 minutes the first night then settled until we woke her. The last two nights she hasn't cried at all and slept, or should i say played, until we have got her. She's great around other dogs and i couldn't have wished for her to have a better temperament. So all in all, very happy with little Isla. I'll post some pics as soon as I have worked out how!:confused: SX:)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
No pressure .. we totally understand you have a puppy to care for and how much hard work it is in the first week .. but please hurry up (ha ha ha) we are so desprate to see little Isla xxxx

·
Registered
430 Posts
Oh good to hear your surviving the first week - its a bit of a shell shock isn't it - everyones right though 1st week defo the worst but Isla sounds like shes a really good girl - keep us posted j :) x

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Aaah Isla is gorgeous. If you type photobucket in the search area above there have been several people telling you how to download photos onto her and even I have been able to do one but easier if they explain how as my instructions are rubbish :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
Islas lovely ............. i had camcorder footage of when we visited Ant but my darling son manged to delete the lot along with last years hols & christmas - he wasn't in the good books with his dad (i did say he should have backed it up - didn't go down well)!!! :eek: Hope little Islas being a good girl j x

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Sarah

Hope Isla is settling in well. She looks so like Keltie but not sure if she's from the same litter. Keltie's mum was one of the two golden brown spaniels and her dad was the cream poodle (forgotten their names - how awful of me!). She was from the litter of 9.

Our first week is over and it's been great. We picked her up Saturday and on Monday I was confined to bed with a bug for 3 days, so had to leave the children to sort Keltie out and I have to say they did a great job. She survived her first bath and even let me use the hairdryer on her. She's a bundle of fun, today she slipped into the hall and finished off the cat's food, then in torrential rain she whined to go out and came back in filthy from digging in the mud and soaked - I assume she won't be one of those dogs who hates to go out in the rain, unfortunately for me, I'll be walking her in all weathers! She goes to bed without any fuss and is clean most mornings. The vet said she was a lovely healthy pup and she's having her 2nd injection next Sat and then the vet said she can go out 1wk after that - so she'll be 11 weeks (I thought you had to wait till they were 12 wks?).

All in all, can't imagine life without her already, and really can't wait to go walkies with her.

Look forward to hearing all about Isla's antics.

Chris x :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi everyone, Still can't work out photo bucket, obviously you can all see the picture, but she doesn't come up when i do a thread. I know she's on my profile though:confused: Oh what a shame Jules that your son wiped the footage, thought only my kids did things like that! Islas been absolutely lovely, can't believe how lucky we have been with her. She seems to be toilet trained, touch wood! She is in the kitchen a lot at the moment with a stair gate into the hall. Whenever I leave the kitchen to do something in the house, she just lies down by the french doors which look out onto the garden, her favorite spot! She's met other dogs that i know, (don't worry she hasn't been on the ground yet) and she has got on really well with them. she had a large dog that barked a her the other day and wasn't at all phased by it. She's been passed around by all my daughters friends at the school gates, and taken all that in her stride! and basically we all love her to bits! Islas one of Pennys pups.:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Sarah

Hope Isla is settling in well. She looks so like Keltie but not sure if she's from the same litter. Keltie's mum was one of the two golden brown spaniels and her dad was the cream poodle (forgotten their names - how awful of me!). She was from the litter of 9.

Our first week is over and it's been great. We picked her up Saturday and on Monday I was confined to bed with a bug for 3 days, so had to leave the children to sort Keltie out and I have to say they did a great job. She survived her first bath and even let me use the hairdryer on her. She's a bundle of fun, today she slipped into the hall and finished off the cat's food, then in torrential rain she whined to go out and came back in filthy from digging in the mud and soaked - I assume she won't be one of those dogs who hates to go out in the rain, unfortunately for me, I'll be walking her in all weathers! She goes to bed without any fuss and is clean most mornings. The vet said she was a lovely healthy pup and she's having her 2nd injection next Sat and then the vet said she can go out 1wk after that - so she'll be 11 weeks (I thought you had to wait till they were 12 wks?).

All in all, can't imagine life without her already, and really can't wait to go walkies with her.

Look forward to hearing all about Isla's antics.

Chris x :)
Hi Chris, how exciting, i've just worked out that Isla and Keltie are sisters. I have a picture of them on the stairs together. Their mum is Penny and dad is Fudge. Looking forward to hearing about Keltie's antics as well:) Sarah x

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sarah, Keltie wasn't in that picture on the stairs. Ant sent me that photo of 5 or 6 of them on the stairs, and I thought one of them was for us to choose, but a week later I went up to see Ant and we had the choice of much smaller puppies. The one's pictured were in the pen next door and were only a day older but from a smaller litter I think, hence the larger size. Fudge was definitely the dad but I suspect Penny's sister was Keltie's mum - does that make them cousins!!! Whatever they are it's lovely to know someone else with a close association. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts