I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. We've just had a litter of cockapoos. One of the puppies is blue roan, with solid black ears and mask. No-one who came to view the pups commented on him even though we thought he was a very striking colour. As this is our first time producing cockapoos (previously only cocker spaniels) we are wondering why this colour is so unappealing? I must add that the little boy in question has got a good home as my parents are having him. Any comments welcome, thanks

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I love blue roans and searched and searched last year for one .... they do seem to be coming through a bit more now. Maybe cos it has nt been a colour that has been associated with cockapoos generally.... more commonly black, chocolate, buff, apricots and so people who have seen a cockapoo have probably seen a solid/ tux dog. I would love to see your boy.... there are 3 people who post on here "lucky" enough to have one and I know others who would like one. I get nothing but praise about Mable when out and about... although people often comment about her colouring they very rarely say blue roan.. but not sure wether they would be aware of the coluring in a cocker. There is a thread with different cockapoo colours if you search for it... Jukee Doodles have had some beautiful chocolate roans this year and also chocolate sable, as well as just having blue roans. What colour are your pups Mum and Dad and what other colours did you have ? Would love to see pictures... and your Mums a lucky woman, Good luck with your pups x

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm not a breeder ( yet ) but a groomer so see loads of people and their pets.
People seem to love the lighter colours ( don't know why as they show more dirt lol).
However I've bred loads of animals over the years and normally the unusual ones/colours are the first to go. People are drawn to the " odd one".
Out of interest what was the litter colour mix?

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I love blue roan cockapoos and I really want one! I'm just waiting a little longer as my 1st cockapoo is not quite 6 months old. I'm looking for a girl :)

Clare
x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
did the people who were veiwing the pups interestd in a particular colour. i am surprized as theid has been a boom in the blue roan cocker population. seeing more than the black and golds. it posible that the pepple getting pups from you were fixed on the colour they wanted.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Star , Clare I'm liking that :D I tried to think of blue related names but no one else agreed with me ... Blue would be nice for a boy, although cant remember them now I thought Pearl was suitable for colouring but was out voted x

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Star , Clare I'm liking that :D I tried to think of blue related names but no one else agreed with me ... Blue would be nice for a boy, although cant remember them now I thought Pearl was suitable for colouring but was out voted x
We obviously share the same great taste :D

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Speaking as a new dog owner i didnt know what roan was and it wasnt until i saw Buzz who is a chocolate roan adult cockapoo that i knew how beautiful the colour was.

So i think its was more because people just dont know how this colour will change and develop,your mum is one lucky women dx

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I fell in love with the blue roan look when I spent 6 months researching and just looking at cockapoo puppies. It took hubby 6 months to agree to a puppy.

Fortunately, when he finally said yes, Sylml happened to have two 9 week old black and white girls. We chose one and she's turned out to be blue roan :)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Blue roan is a lovley marking / colouring however it's all about choice .. some people prefer solid colours others prefer markings.... that is what is great about cockapoos.. fab colours available xxx

I do think the roan markings remind me more of a cocker, well I guess it would!!! but hey I love them all the same.

We would love to see a pic of your litter please xx

R

·
0 Posts
hi from breeders experience blue roan is always the last colour to be picked ,and black and white parti colour is not that popular, i think both are gorgeous janice

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I like the white and black parti and the white and choc too.... I suppose its personal choice but I do think it has something to do with peoples experience of what a cockapoo looks like, most people if they have come across one will have come across solid colours :D

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I had my heart set on a blue roan and I searched high and low for one. Most people who meet Dexter comment on his lovely colouring and ask if his breeder is having any more. All 7 of his litter were blue roan and they all sold straight away. The few roans I did see were more expensive apparently as they are so rare. I suppose it's just a matter of taste! Personally I love all the colours but blue roans just happen to be my favourite.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Karen i could see you with a Black & White Parti .. the whole black & white collection .. that would be lovely :)

I have solid black, cream (as you know) but want a dark apricot or red, and a chocolate to complete my colour selection...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts