I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are due to bring our new cockapoo puppy (Callie) home on Thursday. She is 8 weeks old and I have a couple of questions concerning feeding.

I picked up some Blue Buffalo Natural Chicken and Oatmeal food for her (on the recommendation of the person at the pet food store). I've read a couple of posts that say puppies should be feed twice a day and I remember reading one that said 3 times a day.

When I look on the package though it says once a day and for her age group (1-3 months) she should only get 1/8 to 1/4 of a cup.

:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for posting that...those are not quite the same as what is on the side of the actual package

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Hi Evader .. not the same food but Im feeding Mabel 4 times a day ... and she wants it shes starving ... roughly 7,11,3,7 . I ve read to feed 4 x til 10 weeks then drop to 3 . My husband even fed her in the night one night last week cos she was nuzzling our older dog !! Good luck not long now ... Im shattered its like having a new baby x x

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

we are all pretty excited that's for sure. My wife who has never been much of an animal person (she has allergies) might be more excited than the kids are to get Callie home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts