I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound very random but i love Betty's smell. By that i don't mean when she's been out in the mud or anything, but when she's just woken up and is all warm and cuddly as she still smells like she did as a puppy.

I was saying to my mum that I seriously think I could recognise her by this smell alone.

So come on, am I the only one that sniffs their dog, or are you the same and could recognise your dog by their smell alone???

· Registered
8,349 Posts
I think you will know my answer ... I know my dogs .. and yes I know their smell and touch .... they do have their own smell and I am not ashamed to say I love their smell.

Just going to sniff Huna and Pics now xxx

· Registered
2,590 Posts
I think I probably could as well! Definitely think I would know Poppy's smell because she has a very slight doggy smell (not strong - but not non existent) & I love it, I smell her all the time & think she smells lovely :) So I think I would be able to recognise her by her smell. I think with Izzie it would be a little bit harder purely because she has no doggy smell whatsoever (except wet dog) but I love the smell of the top ofe her nose, I smell that all the time & think it's gorgeous, so again possibly I think. I do know my dogs (but atm one if massive compared to the other so kisses & touch would have to wait as there is a big difference which makes it obvious lol).

· Registered
1,655 Posts
Yes I would recognise my two by smell ... they do smell very different and it's not the usual doggy sort of smell as I don't like that much. My youngest son says Maisie smells of a bakery and she does a bit. Bess's smell is different.

They probably recognise us the same way!

· Registered
897 Posts
I love Oakley's smell when he's wet, it's not doggy smell but the smell of a wet pure wool jumper!!!!
Know just what you mean my jumper has just come in from her last wee in the rain and landed on my bed (early night ... Got Derek's man flu). I'm sure once the covonia works I'd be able to tell. She has a puppy talc, homely smell and her puppy kisses are something I'd recognise, they are so gentle unless she's trying to find your brain by poking her tongue down your ear or up your nose. Xx

· Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm glad it's not just me! I just love her warm, sleepy smell, which is just as well really as i've woken up two mornings in the last week with her curled into my neck!! She gets on my bed about 5am ish and usually sleeps by my ankles but this sleeping near my head is a new thing. It was cute though as i was lying on my side with my arms in front of me and she was curled into my chest and was resting against my arm, i quite liked it really!!!!

· Registered
1,497 Posts
I'm not sure if I could!! Being an allergy sufferer (even though Max doesn't affect me) I tend to not get my nose to close to him (or other dogs), unless he has just had a bath and blow dry, and then I can't get enough of him :D I don't like the smell of damp/wet dog at all, I think I have a sensitive nose..?!

At the meet I am going to smell all your dogs, and then I will report back :D

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Ah, I was sniffing Rosie all day today on our long journey home from Scotland. I was in the passenger seat with Rosie at my feet, but for half the journey she was giving me big hugs and cuddles and I got so many doggy sniffs! I could definitely recognise her by her smell alone, and my two kids too!

G

·
my romeo smells of LOVE LOVE KISSES AND CUDDLES and moooooooooooooore i love him more than him in the house even though he weres chanel !! haha dogs forever xx

· Registered
47 Posts
Oh i know rosies smell, absolutely gorgeous. When i get up at 530 each morning, i go down to the utility room, and shes there with her tail wagging, making her little "oh heres my mummy" noises. I pick her up and breathe in her smell.....what a fab way to start the day!:D

· Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Betty is slightly damp and now smells of those nice biscuits (you know the slightly coconut flavoured ones covered in sugar), and i have no idea why!!

I have the baby powder scented spray for her and love that as she smells so lush after spraying her in that, even my dog walker text me one morning to say how lovely she smelled.

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Hi Sarah , did you get daisy groomed in the end or does she still have her lovely long coat....

Ps..hope u had a goof Xmas
Hi Colin! :)

We had a lovely Christmas thank you and have been having a few very lazy days. For once I have been doing nothing and I don'y even feel guilty about it although I need to get my studying/work head back on soon! :rolleyes: Hope you had a good one? I read that Betty is turing into a pink poo! :eek:

On the grooming front...completely bottled it :D but have booked a different groomer for the 9th of January! :eek: I have explained that I will not be requiring a short back and sides but a mere MOT ;) face, nails and ears. I will make sure she knows that if she cuts Daisy's coat short I am likely to have a breakdown in her grooming salon which wouldn't be good for business :D :laugh: ;) I bet you will all look forward to my before and after post! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.