I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! New member here and soon to be first time cockapoo owner :)
Our little boy is a toy cockapoo so very small and everyone tells me to crate train him.

I purchased a second hand cage but a large one as I assumed the more room the better but I am starting to think it may be a bit too big?
It certainly won’t be small enough to take up to our bedrooom at night should we need to settle him when first home.
Any suggestions on what size I should have got and also any recommendations on a travel bag/crate for collecting and car travel afterward ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
We’ve got two. We had a smaller one From our previous dog, but bought a bigger one. As a pup our dog preferred the small one- possibly more den like, safe and secure, but has now grown into the bigger one. We now have the bigger one in the kitchen as his bedroom and the smaller one we use in the car, on holiday and it’s easy to bring upstairs if he needs to sleep there for any reason. We found that covering the top and rear of the crate to keep it dark and cosy made it much more appealing. It doesn’t need to be a fancy cover, just a dark piece of fabric or towel. We didn’t use the crate in the car straight away. I know it’s controversial, but we chose to have him on our lap when we picked him up and also for several weeks after that. Maybe someone else can advise on other options. Hope you have a great time with your pup😀

1 - 2 of 2 Posts