I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Picking up our puppy in a couple of weeks, and we were wondering what size crate to get. Thinking of buying one of these:

Link to the Crates

After speaking with the breeder, she recommended buying one that has room for his bed, water, a few toys and some newspaper so that he doesn't want for anything in the night or when he's left alone.

Couple of questions:

a) would you recommend this crate
b) what size crate would you get?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
88 Posts
We did a similar crate - a Kong - and got a Medium. Daisy loves her crate and it seems to be a great fit for her. We did have it decreased in size when she was smaller, but now have it open fully for her. We just put a few toys in there - no water or food.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I can't remember what size I got to begin with but was definitely quite small
( got a larger one as Betty grew) and now using it for my new pup Ted.
I don't know if there is any science to it or just luck but neither have mine
have ever had any accidents in the crate - I just wonder by having a smaller crate in encourages them to hold it in rather than soil a smaller area?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Personally would go for the 36 inch crate. Some say small crate no room for pee or poo make them wait. I do not agree with this and it has not made Hattie's toilet training any longer but there are always good examples of both views. It is down to personal choice, I get up for a comfort break in the night my dog(s) go out as well, result everyone gets a good sleep. Do what works for you there is no right way just your way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.