I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well crate came today 36inch, hope there is enough room at the end, doesn't seem very big. Was going to leave him a space at the end for toilet, what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Our crate came yesterday 36" as well. I think I was expecting it to be huge too! Not getting puppy till weekend, so I've put paper down right hand side and some vet bedding turned in half at the other end. Haven't got a bed yet but am thinking I'll need a teeny weeny one as I don't want pup to soil her sleeping area. I got a clip on water bowl as well but when I think she won't be able to reach it yet so messed up there as well. Where are you putting the water bowl, I can see it being knocked over and I won't know what's pee or water from bowl!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Maybe I'm not clipping it on right but I don't think it will clip on the very bottom rung which I imagine would be the right height, and the next rung up is too high - any advice from anyone? I think I'm definitely getting smaller bed to start with but again would be interested what other people (with more experience than me!) think.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
The crate looks perfect. What sort of pup r u getting - American/English/working crossed with mini/toy poodle? The fleecy lined dog bed inside looks extremely cosy, and toys expectantly waiting. How long to go now?

Can't wait to see pictures with puppy inside! :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's and English show crossed with a min poodle. He's 5 weeks old on Friday and will be picking him up when he's 9 weeks (hopefully) I say this cos if you have seen my other thread I am a a bit worried that he looks a tad strange lol

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Think if you get some vetbed you can cut or buy size to fit the crate it depends if you dont mind them doing their business in the crate??Or you are going to take them out when they need to go.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
have loads of brand new vet bed left over from my mums retriever. Don't mind him going in his crate during the night

·
Registered
15 Posts
i think you should get a smaller bed so there would be more room in the crate and congrats on your new puppy you are gonna love him just as i love my baby :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
And mine too! Mine should arrive soon, and my vetbed...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts