I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyon,
I have noticed in the last few weeks that Stanley often comes out of his crate in the morning and heads towards his bed in my bedroom for an extra half hour to an hours sleep before properly starting his day.
He's an extremely tired puppy, (8months) he sleeps most of the day and only really starts to get up and play and eat and do things around 2.00pm where we play for a little while (first walk of the day is around 10.30am until 11.15)

He sleeps on the sofa most of the day and follows.me.to bed around 10.30 falling asleep in his bed in my bedroom before my husband moves him to his crate around 11.30pm.

The thing is, he is absolutely fine with the crate, never whines or cries and will quite contently get in lie down and have a snooze.
But the fact he is so tired in the morning makes me wonder if he is sleeping properly in there.
Is he uncomfortable or not getting enough deep sleep. Or is this a phase that I'm totally getting over the top worrying about.
He's such a happy little doggo, he doesn't eat much really but plays happily, his tail wagging happily when he sees us and is perfectly content with training and playing with his toys.

I guess I'm asking if I should take him out of his crate at night and try having him free reign of the lounge while we all sleep at night knowing he probably wouldn't do much but sleep.

When's the right age to have him out of his crate at night time?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where is he left when you go out, do you use the crate then? Have you tried a baby monitor or camera to watch him overnight to see if he is settled and happy or worried in his crate?

At 8 months you could still have teenage to come so I would be tempted to now make any major changes just yet and maybe wait until 12 months.

He may just be a nice content laid back puppy, certainly my dogs tend to just follow me round the house choosing new snoozing spots wherever I am.
Hi thanks for your response,
He is a very chill doggo, he's active playful and cheeky but I just feel like he doesn't sleep his best in the crate.

Today I went to visit a friend and her puppy, her puppy is older at the months and Stanley just turned 9 months and she is a super super giddy dog.
She was biting his ears and crawling all over him and for once he was completely wiped out. I realised how chill Stanley is in being around Luna (my friends pup) he likes to play but he has his limits and knows when the time to rest is. I was super proud of my Well behaved boy. 😍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts