I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
My cockapoo puppy is 9 weeks old and he's been with us a week now.
He's really good at going into his crate at night and doesn't put up a fuss once we turn the lights off and put a blanket over his crate (think he kinda associates this with bedtime).
However if we try to put him in there during the day, even for just like 10 mins while I have a shower or something he whines none stop and seems quite distressed.
We have him in our kitchen/living area at the moment and have baby gated him in there so he can't go into bedrooms or carpeted areas until he is fully house trained and I've found if I leave him in that area he's quite ok with being on his own for atleast 30 minutes (haven't left him for any longer than that at the moment).

Is it okay to just leave him in that area when he's alone rather than shutting him in the crate?
Most forums I've read say they should be in a crate but I dont know if anyone has done anything different?

·
Registered
329 Posts
It seems he has accepted that the crate is for night time well , I never crated mine in the day but always left the door open if he wanted to go in there , sounds like he is ok in the space you leave him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!
My cockapoo puppy is 9 weeks old and he's been with us a week now.
He's really good at going into his crate at night and doesn't put up a fuss once we turn the lights off and put a blanket over his crate (think he kinda associates this with bedtime).
However if we try to put him in there during the day, even for just like 10 mins while I have a shower or something he whines none stop and seems quite distressed.
We have him in our kitchen/living area at the moment and have baby gated him in there so he can't go into bedrooms or carpeted areas until he is fully house trained and I've found if I leave him in that area he's quite ok with being on his own for atleast 30 minutes (haven't left him for any longer than that at the moment).

Is it okay to just leave him in that area when he's alone rather than shutting him in the crate?
Most forums I've read say they should be in a crate but I dont know if anyone has done anything different?
I have the same issue, Finley is now 13wks and sleeps 10-5 in his crate at night but although he will go in his crate for short periods by himself when I try to put him in with locked door he cries

1 - 3 of 3 Posts